It's cool people posting on the forum - if I don't want to answer a message, I don't have to. Plus the longer-serving members can often help with questions anyway.

It's a two-way street anyway. Fan feedback is important; it helps us calibrate what we're doing with the people who will eventually play the game.

So, any chance of an update on the next release? Hopefully the slight delay (based on Chris hinting at patching a few things the weekend just passed) is due to fixing a couple of the bugs which still remain, primarily the reaction fire hang. Also, I don't know why but since I first downloaded the alpha, the threat level of the AI seems even lower than when we had the old AI. My soldiers rarely miss a shot, even when they show a low % chance to hit, and the aliens rarely land one on target.

V9.2 should come out this weekend. My PC exploded two days ago, which wasn't too big a problem as I switched to the render machine instead. However that exploded yesterday and I've spent today assembling one working PC from the remains of the other two (the culprits were a failed solid state hard drive and a PSU), but it's taken a long time to do it and the last few days haven't been very productive unfortunately. The rest of the team have carried on working but I've not been able to pull it all together at my end yet.

Sorry to hear about the hardware problems -- that really sucks.

Glad to hear that you're getting that back under control. An update this weekend/next week would certainly be cool, but it's more important to get the hardware up and running in my opinion. Wishing you a lot of luck with that -- honestly.

Well the rule is that the day doesn't end until I go to sleep, but things are going fairly well right now so hopefully it should be a fairly clean run to release. I'm just doing some upgraded graphics for the new air combat UI.