Absolutely loving Xenonauts!

I've been a supporter for quite awhile now...I played the betas a little, but never really got into the full game until this past week now that it's finally released. I gotta say, I absolutely love it. It's everything that I wanted in the Firaxis.

Granted, there are things that still rub me wrong, such as the graphics not being able to rotate the map. But the tension is there. The first game I had an entire sqaud practically wiped out because I clustered at one of the doorways...and got a nade for my troubles.

I'm absolutely horrified as I creep down the various tilesets. The aliens are brutal. I absolutely love it.

Thanks so much for what truly captures the spirit of the original X-Com, and improves it in so many ways. I look forward to messing with the mods after I beat a round or two! It's so satisfying to see this game come to completion.

Bravo!

Yea, I do still find myself automatically trying to rotate the game even knowing it can`t - Slightly surprised that wasn`t put in. I also notice that sometimes you can`t see behind a tile. Also seeing a dropped item seems to be hit and miss.

But yes, the rest makes up for its shortcomings and it is quite nerve wracking trying to get every one through alive.

This is an isometric 3d game in the most traditional sense of the word. It isn't a 3d engine made to look iso 3d, it's an iso 3d game built from 2d trickery, as would have existed prior to the advent of true 3d. Rotation in a traditonal iso 3d world is extremely difficult and the transition from one fixed viewpoint to another is jarring to say the least. The closest I can describe it is with games like Resident Evil. The transition from one fixed camera to the next in Resident Evil carries the same sense of dislocation that going from one fixed perspective in an iso 3d game does. Having grown up around traditional iso 3d and seen the growth of true 3d, I'm not in the least surprised why the massive amount of strain to try and get iso 3d "rotatable" wasn't done.