[V1.07HF Ground Combat] Hunters shooting from ankle height.

I'm not entirely sure this is a bug, so much as an oversight, but I hope to Sol Invictus it isn't working-as-intended.

46431A4086CCA61B4E4F5CDF778FFA67F426F609

This is my Hunter. Or rather, what's left of it. It had a laser cannon on it. (Side note: It would be nice if the xenopedia made it explicit in no uncertain terms that the laser cannon explodes like a HE shell, rather than, say, simply drilling through stuff with the expediency.)

It may not be immediately obvious, because of the isometric view, but if you carefully look at the space immediately forward of my Hunter's wrecked chassis, you will see a pile of concrete rubble, formerly a jersey barrier like the one my squaddie is taking cover behind. Given that the bottom of the hunter's turret is higher than head height on a standing person, and the concrete barrier's maximum height is about the height of a crouching person, I assumed that my hunter would have no trouble firing over this obstacle to destroy an x-ray.

I was mistaken, as what happened was that the laser discharge exited the barrel, immediately hung a 90 degree turn, and slammed into the concrete barrier with the force of an exploding 155 howitzer shell. The results are quite evident.

This can't be working as intended. This isn't the first time this has happened to me: the Hunter's name of "Ladykiller" is intentional, given that it engaged in shennanigans like this before. I thought a good configuration for breaching a light scout would be three squaddies knealt in front of the door, with the Hunter behind them, ready to rock and roll on its dual .30s. I lost one of my favorite squaddies, but gained a name for the car in the process. However, I thought that surely, it wouldn't have this problem with a mere concrete barrier!

I was mistaken.