[v1.5/XCE] Hold the Line! - A Morale and Psionics Mod

kabill

what bravery are you running your soldiers with, on average, when you test these things?

do you still get bravery points after recovery from panic state?

I don't test with specific values. Any testing I do is done 'organically' within the context of a normal game.

Regarding your second question, I'm not sure whether you mean stat buffs (i.e. at the end of the mission) or morale recovery (i.e. an immediate buff to take the soldier out of the panic range). But the answer is yes in either case. Indeed, soldiers can gain up to two rather than only one point of bravery per mission using this mod (to compensate for bravery increases being otherwise few and far between. If I could, I'd have it increase 2 points/panic but that's not possible to do sadly).

• 3 weeks later...

This may be out of line or out of the project's scope, but has any thought been given to giving bonus/malus morale to weapons and/or armor, if it isn't already? The reasoning being that your soldiers start out very vulnerable ("You go first. No! You go first!"), but as they get better equipment they should feel more secure in their ability to handle missions, a gain in morale in the same way that having a competent leader around would have.

This may be out of line or out of the project's scope, but has any thought been given to giving bonus/malus morale to weapons and/or armor, if it isn't already? The reasoning being that your soldiers start out very vulnerable ("You go first. No! You go first!"), but as they get better equipment they should feel more secure in their ability to handle missions, a gain in morale in the same way that having a competent leader around would have.

Probably not something I'd want to include for this mod specifically, but it would be easy enough to make a small mod that added bravery bonuses for armour (can only do it for armour though).

• 7 months later...

UPDATE! A new version (v3.1) of this mod has been released. Changelog:

- Reintroduced morale recovery at a rate of 3 points/turn.

- Increased the morale damage caused by injury and suppression to values comparable with the vanilla game.

- Caesan Psions now use Paralyse instead of Berserk (haven't checked this is working but I've been informed by others that it should).

Comments and feedback are welcome as always.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you for the mod. I just added a very small Safety in Numbers bonus, because it feels so realistic. I put 2 for COs and 1 for lower ranks, so that it shouldn't break your balance too much, save for the final assault of the Command room, when all the squad is close together, but even so, a +18 max bonus is welcome when several of them are half dead and near panicking, and 2 or 3 psi-able Aliens are still entrenched inside the room (playing with UFO and crew diversity as well).

• 5 years later...