53 members have voted

1. 1. New animations for Xenonauts ?

• Yes !
    • No...
    • Don't know ...

IDEA - Аdd to the game animated

trees, palms, shrubs, tall grass ..?

======

How about greater diversity in the animation of smoke and fire ?

(more types of animation)

--

another idea -

add chunks of flying debris, dust, sand ...

(wind simulation)

it will add "liveliness" to picture ..

*Possible some flags...(or other cloth) - twine on the wind ...

======

and of course the hardest part -

idle animation for -

(dream)

1.) solders with all type of armor & weapon...

(as in ja2 game)

2.) for aliens of course ....

3.) for civilians at the end ....

==

p.s.

may be open kickstarter project ? :rolleyes:

plans for 5k to 50k$ ....

(for example)

________

Edited by Gauddlike
Unauthorised image removed at owners request.

There is already animated props, Alienbase and bigger UFOs have couple atleast, so I think it would be safe to pressume others can have anims too?

I wouldn't mind seeing something like trees/grass waving a bit in wind from time to time, that alone would bring some life to the map.

Edited by kahvipannu

Yes, it can be done (for my UFO mods, for example, I made some placeable smoke and fire props).

That said, the game seems to run fairly inefficiently when it comes to displaying animations so it's possible it might create lag issues if there were a lot of animations playing at the same time. Still, it would be cool to see something like this.

Yes, it can be done (for my UFO mods, for example, I made some placeable smoke and fire props).

That said, the game seems to run fairly inefficiently when it comes to displaying animations so it's possible it might create lag issues if there were a lot of animations playing at the same time. Still, it would be cool to see something like this.

Ah yes, performance is one thing to take into consideration, and propably one reason why the game currently don't have that much anims running all the time. But as optional content it isn't that big thing, forexample I think you tackled it really well offering options to turn stuff off. And those fire and smoke tiles really bring life to the crash-sites.

That said, the game seems to run fairly inefficiently when it comes to displaying animations so it's possible it might create lag issues if there were a lot of animations playing at the same time.

Playground SDK 5.0

http://playground-sdk.software.informer.com/5.0/

The Playground SDK™ supports hardware accelerated 2d animated sprites ...

so .. in theory any number of animations should work without problems ....

the effect of wind .. and its noise would clearly be added liveliness to game ...

_______

Actually some days ago this ideia come across my mind: how about animated interior UFO panels? Something like animated red symbols on a black background.

Something like this but changing like a sequence:

Symbols.jpg

(1 symbol = 1 tile)

Symbols.jpg

Symbols.jpg.5cca32f7127ce136ad3e00dc84a3

Actually some days ago this ideia come across my mind: how about animated interior UFO panels? Something like animated red symbols on a black background.

Something like this but changing like a sequence:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5011[/ATTACH]

(1 symbol = 1 tile)

good idea !

__

Now hear this.

I know that the artwork I commissioned as fanart has been appropriated by others - I've been involved in a semi-serious action where someone was passing off the work that Henry Ponciano did as their own. I know that the work has appeared on other forums. When I first saw game_tester's little "where is my animation", I thought that was amusing. But I absolutely forbid any fanart or any other works that I have commissioned to be used for commercial purposes, or anything that could be considered commercial purposes, regardless of the intent of those purposes. Game_tester, please use someone elses art if you wish to even propose the idea of a Kickstarter.

Now hear this.

I know that the artwork I commissioned as fanart has been appropriated by others - I've been involved in a semi-serious action where someone was passing off the work that Henry Ponciano did as their own. I know that the work has appeared on other forums. When I first saw game_tester's little "where is my animation", I thought that was amusing. But I absolutely forbid any fanart or any other works that I have commissioned to be used for commercial purposes, or anything that could be considered commercial purposes, regardless of the intent of those purposes. Game_tester, please use someone elses art if you wish to even propose the idea of a Kickstarter.

You is main game-designer of Xenonauts ?

___

game_tester, you can read english. That artwork you used to promote the idea of a Kickstarter is artwork that I have commissioned. Please don't pretend that you don't know - you were around when I first put it up! I will ask again - please remove the artwork. Please don't try to stall, question, prevaricate or otherwise do anything than I have asked. If you do not do it then I will have it removed.

game_tester, you can read english. That artwork you used to promote the idea of a Kickstarter is artwork that I have commissioned. Please don't pretend that you don't know - you were around when I first put it up! I will ask again - please remove the artwork. Please don't try to stall, question, prevaricate or otherwise do anything than I have asked. If you do not do it then I will have it removed.

sorry. I just use google with keyword Xenonauts ...

you are the author of art which is in first post ?

__

To be clear, development on Xenonauts has finished and Goldhawk will not be adding any new animations.

The modding section of the board is for fans who would like to create their own content, not for asking developers to create new content.

To be clear, development on Xenonauts has finished and Goldhawk will not be adding any new animations.

The modding section of the board is for fans who would like to create their own content, not for asking developers to create new content.

He just ask for a kickstarter for more animations. Just to be clear what kind of animations?

PD/ Remove the Max pictures... :/