Does this look Better?

aajs

I have been trying to improve the look of my troops in order to make them look more heroic but without going over the top.

As is probably obvious, I am no graphics artist but I was wondering does this look any good or should I start over?

Xenonauts.jpg

Xenonauts.jpg

Xenonauts.jpg.e294407c12ab34616a1fc5328a

Yeah, the alien patch is cool little detail but otherwise, he doesn't look super hero to me, more like morbidly obese Michelin man with muscles in all the wrong places (anatomically). :rolleyes:

Drawing an anatomically sound human without it looking strange is difficult even if you are a talented artist. I mean no disrespect, but you probably need a bit more practice in that regards. :)

Check here for help

Edited by Skitso

...more like morbidly obese Michelin man with muscles in all the wrong places (anatomically). :rolleyes:

Had to lol at this description...

If you are going for "Beef" and don't mind the somewhat "Blizzard-cartoonish look", you might be on the right track.

Im not a fan of neither...

Haha Thanks so much for the feedback guys, you're comments gave me such a laugh.

Okay so this attempt will definatley be scratched. Its much harder than I thought it would be, but at least it gives you a laugh.

I am not sure I have the talent to produce anything at stiskos kind of level (great fan of your work) however I am going to have another attempt, so watch thiis post if you like a laugh.

This time if it turns out to grossly disfigured I am going to try and pass it of as a new alien class.

That defies the laws of physics lol, this guy could not possibly get in those trousers (nor will be in any condition to run and shoot on the battlefield!)

On the other hand for enhanced appearance you could remove the boots and leave him on socks. Get creative with the color of those!

Thanks Ragnarok thats one vote for the Michelin man and about 8 against.

I feel I need the big hero guy in my game, but its funny the fat guy does kind of work too.

Agris has a really cool idea and I think that would be real amazing if it could be implemented... in theory it could be done as the soldier stats are provided as part of the sequipview script, so it sounds like you could drop an if statement in the correct place and get it to work.

Unfortunately lua is not a language I understand, does anybody have the skills to get this done as my trial and error approach does not seem to be producing anything useful.