Multiple research projects at the same time?

Hello,

Is there any benefit to running multiple research projects at the same time, vs assigning all researchers to just one project at a time? It would be reasonable to expect some diminishing returns here, but anyone know the details?

Hello,

Is there any benefit to running multiple research projects at the same time, vs assigning all researchers to just one project at a time? It would be reasonable to expect some diminishing returns here, but anyone know the details?

You only need as many scientists as it takes to get the progress to "EXCELLENT". You get diminishing returns on extra scientists after that. As the research continues the number required to keep the excellent rating decreases, so you can transfer scientists between projects to maximize efficiency.

Thanks, but do we have any specific numbers?

I know the efficiency drops by 1% for every scientist assigned to the project beyond the first guy, but I'm not sure if that's total efficiency or the efficiency of the scientist just added.

Edit: ninja'd

Each scientist you assign is always 1% less effective than the one before.

So if it is a personal efficiency, then 10 scientists on project would effectively run at 95% average efficiency, and 20 scientists would be at 90%. Doesn't seem like much... Unless it is a total efficiency, making 10 scientists work at 90%, and 20 scientists work at 80%...

Edited by domein

Also, what exactly progress estimations poor\good\excellent mean?

Is it linked to research estimated completion time? Something like:

Excellent < 3 days

Good < 6 days

Poor < 12 days

Am I right?

I believe it is something like that, however I haven't confirmed it.