Tanks why are they so weak

I have a scimitar tank and it only has 100 hit points? 2 or 3 hits and it's dead. My soldiers have 75 hit hit points. And my plane has 1250 hit points. Let me assure you, a tank CAN and DOES take far more hits in battle. Even a 20mm cannon won't do anything against a tank, but that 20mm cannon will destroy an airplane.

If a tank is destroyed do you get to rebuild it back at base like you do an airplane? Or is it gone?

Transporting the tank to a different base is accomplished by loading it onto a shrike or chinook or valkyrie and relocating it?

I have a scimitar tank and it only has 100 hit points? 2 or 3 hits and it's dead. My soldiers have 75 hit hit points. And my plane has 1250 hit points. Let me assure you, a tank CAN and DOES take far more hits in battle. Even a 20mm cannon won't do anything against a tank, but that 20mm cannon will destroy an airplane.

If a tank is destroyed do you get to rebuild it back at base like you do an airplane? Or is it gone?

Transporting the tank to a different base is accomplished by loading it onto a shrike or chinook or valkyrie and relocating it?

You're not taking into account the tank armor. Also, their weapons are pretty much instant death for most aliens and they aren't subject to psionic attacks. They have better spotting range than human soldiers too. I think they're pretty powerful.

but my tank gets shot and gets killed in 2-3 shots. Same as my soldiers.
I've never had a tank one shotted by anything other than a plasma cannon. While I've had plenty of soldiers in Wolf one shotted. Also, I believe the armor is directional on the tanks. So, side and rear shots are more dangerous for them. If I'm wrong someone correct me.

Any plasma stronger than a rifle can off your tank in a single turn. From the front. I agree completely on the point of durability.

Their weapons have a nice aoe, but hardly-ever instakill sebillians or androns, this is a good thing and their firepower is fine imho.

I forgot to mention that Reapers can't hurt them. I don't know how you guys use them. Myself, I use them just like soldiers. I keep them in cover then move to scout then back in cover. I don't use them like "real" tanks that are invulnerable to small weapons. To me they're really good scouts with big guns. They are also excellent for clearing the LZ right after you land specially during a terror mission. That's when you're most likely to suffer casualties. I tend to use a lot of snap shots at the start of a map then it tapers off as my infantry gets into position and takes care of business. They'll save you a lot of casualties during the "find the UFO" phase of a recovery too. Definitely worthwhile in my book.

yes I have plasma bolts and it cant one shot a sibellion or one of those reapers that run up and turn you into a monster thingys.

so can you repair them at the base like you can an airplane?

A guard sebillian on normal perhaps.

They are not like airplanes, if they have at least 1 hp left, they regenerate instantly after a mission. If you reach 0, they disappear.

Isent it an expensive mobile cover?

That and a rocket spammer.

...I don't know how you guys use them...
Well, certainly not as tanks. They are definitely useful on terrors though. Edited by ViniJones

The plasma gun for vehicles has 160 damage, which is the same amount of HP a Seb Warrior/Officer has on veteran so it would be able (but not guaranteed) to 1 shot any rank other than elite/leader. Reapers have 80 HP and Reaper Alphas 120, so it would also be likely to outright kill both of those as well.

Pretty much you have to treat them like a slighly better rocket trooper, instead of an actual tank. Vehicles would probably be a lot more worthwhile if night combat wasn't easily avoided.

I said this somewhere before but I'll repeat: to me tanks are godsend. My first Hunter survived tens of missions and tanked thousands of potential damage. 80% of hits were either miss or resist or just reflect (no indication and no damage). Although heavy plasma is something to avoid.

By the time aliens get battle rifles and plasma cannons even Scimitars start to suffer heavy damage but even then they're still good. Recently I've installed railgun on my Scimitar-1. Gosh, this thing did 231 damage to poor Caesean guard. Totally worth it.

As for the Hyperion, why does it have only one weapon despite he has a main gun and rockets on its pic?

I forgot to mention that Reapers can't hurt them. I don't know how you guys use them. Myself, I use them just like soldiers. I keep them in cover then move to scout then back in cover. I don't use them like "real" tanks that are invulnerable to small weapons. To me they're really good scouts with big guns. They are also excellent for clearing the LZ right after you land specially during a terror mission. That's when you're most likely to suffer casualties. I tend to use a lot of snap shots at the start of a map then it tapers off as my infantry gets into position and takes care of business. They'll save you a lot of casualties during the "find the UFO" phase of a recovery too. Definitely worthwhile in my book.

Yea, exactly how I use them too. they`re really just armoured cars which are very vulnerable to penetration by real world weapons let alone Alien. But like tanks I was pleased to see the front is stronger than the sides\rear, so I tend to treat my scout vehicles like soldiers, except I push them out to show up where dodgy Aliens are hiding. I then usually retreat the tank and let my men fight it out.