[X1.08 + X:CE 0.25HF] Xenophobia - an addon mod for XNT

xenobanner.jpg

Xenophobia Mod Compilation ver 1.1.6

Xenonauts ver. 1.0.7 / 1.0.8

Download v1.1.6 HERE (96.3MB)

HOTFIX for v1.1.6 - Strings and weapons fixes.

xeno_guns_banner.png

Nexus Mod URL: NEXUS - XENOPHOBIA

Xenophobia is a mod pack compilation and economy addon for XNT: Into Darkness. It is recommended you play XNT first if you are not familiar with that mod.

Mods combined

• XNT 5.3 and all the mods that includes.
  • Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.25HF
  • Asymmetric Weapons Tech with Plausible Advanced Ballistics v0.4
  • Skitso's Sleek AI Turn (Removes Hidden Movement)
  • Ecomomy Restored (my previous mod)
  • Corporation Weapons Expansion for XNT (my previous mod)
  • Fire in the Hole v1.3.3 (maps and tiles extracted already)
  • Skitso's Improved Tree Stumps
  • Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000
  • Shots replacement mod (improved projectile art)
  • Mobile Infantry jackal armor replacement mod (used for XNT impjackal)

Additional Changes

• Economy overhaul: Base starts with just 10 assault rifles, 20 magazines, 10 frag grenades, 10 smoke grenades and 10 medipacks.
  • No more "unlimited" weapons, equipment or ammo. (Vechicle equipment still is unlimited and unchanged, for now)
  • All solider weapons, ammo and equipment must now be paid for and manufactured. Everything unlocks for manufacture the same way as usual. Default weapons are available to purchase/build from the start of the game.
  • 70 new ranged weapons
  • 20 new melee weapons (with sounds)
  • 6 new shields (and you can repair and carry them in inventory!)
  • 2 new medical kits (small pill and ultra medipack)
  • Shield and medkit reload/refilling kits
  • New multi-ammo rifle & shotgun and 4 new ammo types (AP, HE, ZAP, STUN)
  • Re-implemented particle beam heavy laser weapon & DHVRL
  • Added Improved barracks screen. Makes it easier to see all the troops at once (from Magnum-nauts by Mikhail Ragulin)
  • Added Improved Mission and kill count in the GC equip window. The kills update during the missions (from Magnum-nauts by Mikhail Ragulin)
  • Manufacturing categories altered, Ammo & Armor now share the same category to sort weapons from ammo for easy viewing.
  • SORTED all weapons, armor, ammo and items into NEW categories for both inventory AND manufacturing:
  • Lasers & Plasmas now grouped under "Energy" tab
  • MAGs and other heavy/unique ranged weapons under "Advanced" tab
  • Melee tab added to support and sort the new melee weapons
  • Medikits moved to "Melee" tab.
  • Explosive C4 and Breaching charges moved to "Grenades" tab
  • Equipment/Other is for shields mainly now.
  • To be added later: New balanced base structures! (5 tiers of living quarters, workshops, labs, storerooms, medical centers)
  • To be added later: 3 tiers of base turrets & radar buildings (3 tiers of radar, missle, laser, plasma, mag) turrets!
  • To be added later: 1 new garage with added capacity
  • Everything properly placed in the research trees to unlock and discover!

xenopreview.jpg

Recommended Changes

Slightly increase your starting funds in gameconfig.xml is recommended as you now need to pay for alot more than before.

Installation:

1. 1. Xenonauts v1.07 (v1.08 may work also, untested)
  2. 2. Install XNT 5.3
  3. (you do NOT need to install FiTH maps & tiles, its already included!)
  4. 3. Copy Xenophobia files to /assets/ and overwrite when prompted
  5. 4. Play and report any bugs you find so I can continue to improve this mod!

Credits and Thanks

Check for latest version at Forum thread:

- Goldhawk

http://www.xenonauts.com

- Xenonauts community

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums

- XNT - Into Darkness team

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10934-%28New-version%29-XNT-Into-Darkness-V5-2-PlatinumDragon-%28New-Game-Universe-Mod%29

- Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.25+ (Thank you Solver!)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10797-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-23

- Skitso's Sleek AI Turn (Removes Hidden Movement) (and all his other great mods)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10967-V1-07-Skitso-s-Sleek-AI-Turn-%28Removes-Hidden-Movement%29

- Asymmetric Weapons Tech with Plausible Advanced Ballistics v0.4

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10368-MOD-WIP-Asymmetric-Weapons-Tech-with-Plausible-Advanced-Ballistics

- Fire in the Hole! Destructible UFO Hulls (v1.3.3)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10909-v1-06-X-CE-v0-21-Fire-in-the-Hole!-Destructible-UFO-Hulls-%28v1-3-3%29

- Magnum-nauts

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11189-v1-07-Magnum-nauts

- Mobile Infantry jackal armor replacement mod

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11286-Mobile-Infantry-Would-you-like-to-know-more

Disclaimer

This is a compilation pack to make several mods play nicely together and it took a lot of effort from both the original authors and myself, if any original author wishes their mod pack data removed, then please send me a PM to discuss. Its all data that is publicly available, I'm merely combining it and adding some of my own stuff for fun and not-for-profit. Any of the XML files, you may edit as you desire, just give credit to those hard working modders!

Edited by Slayerjerman

The thread title says 1.08, but install says it may not work?

I like the realism options, but can I opt out of light sabers and dwarf war hammers on the install?

It's 1.08 compatible - The 0.25HF exe thats included is v108...

And no, there is no "installer" and therefore no options to omit content. It was alot of work to merge everything into the single XMLs....Don't like stuff, dont manufacture it. ;)

P.S. - That's Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. Silly goose. :P

I'll try playing it without medipacks, but I'll have to turn off bleeding in order to balance it out.

EDIT: Besides unusable medical kits, the game is quite playable. I turned off bleeding in the settings.

Edited by Amyclas

I'll try playing it without medipacks, but I'll have to turn off bleeding in order to balance it out.

EDIT: Besides unusable medical kits, the game is quite playable. I turned off bleeding in the settings.

I know the problem and a fix is incoming in v1.1.3, I just verified the fix works.

Edited by Slayerjerman

can confirm,equiping medipack will make it lost...also shield starts at 0 hp for me - unless i fcked up and it needs that repair thingy to use

It's an issue with the shield being in Equipment --> Other category and because the shield requires "ammo", a repair kit, the shield is unable to equip the ammo from that category, unlike the medikits that I moved to the "melee" category. I can fix it by simply moving the shields to "Melee" category, but then that would get cluttered.

3 work-arounds:

1. Equip the shield (0/100) and then goto the melee tab and also put a repair wrench in your inventory with it. Then in combat, you have to manually repair the shield from your inventory -or- put the shield as your primary weapon and use the quick reload button.

2. Set your default role to include the shield and it will "auto-find" the wrench ammo and thus equip it as 100/100.

3. Enter combat with it at 0/100, when you exit combat, it'll "auto-find" the ammo and fill it to 100/100 also.

It's silly, but just how the "Other" category is coded. This is also why I moved the melee weapons and medkits to that new weapon category to ensure they get properly filled with "ammo".... :rolleyes:

Is there a reason you can't demolish buildings in your starting base?

New ones you build or the existing ones you start with?

I've honestly never tried neither.... My best guess it could be something odd with the new way buildings work in CE. 025 and how they are listed in buildings.xml. We'll have to look into this further and post in the CE 025 discussion thread.

DOWNLOAD v1.1.4 - Overwrite files.

Combat shields and Assault shields weren't repairing in combat properly (same issue medipacks were having). Now fixed. I also removed the 5 new building tiers until the CE 025 can be patched to allow buildings to be demolished. Right now this kinda ruins the new buildings since you cant build them until later in the game. :eek:

DOWNLOAD v1.1.4 - Overwrite files.

Combat shields and Assault shields weren't repairing in combat properly (same issue medipacks were having). Now fixed. I also removed the 5 new building tiers until the CE 025 can be patched to allow buildings to be demolished. Right now this kinda ruins the new buildings since you cant build them until later in the game. :eek:

The buildings aren't really an issue, you can demolish all buildings except the starting buildings. So the tier 1 buildings hang around and are dead weight, but everything else works fine.

The buildings aren't really an issue, you can demolish all buildings except the starting buildings. So the tier 1 buildings hang around and are dead weight, but everything else works fine.

Ah, good to know. Regardless, I am gonna wait to add more building levels and types after thats fixed in the CE patch.

Includes CE 0.25HF2 exe and fixes.

Fixed shields with pistols not displaying properly (all 6 of the newer shields had this issue)

Fixed missing M41a sounds

Fixed medipacks from showing 25/30. Should all be 25/25 now.

Balance - Moved Turret Mk2 further in the research trees. Was unlocking far too early.

Balance - Moved M41a further in the research trees. Was unlocking far too early.

All new buildings have been removed from this version. FYI. I intend to add them back after the "demolish bug" is fixed.

Change Log:

Added acid sprayer + ammo

Added stun gas sprayer + ammo

Added M56 Smartgun (uses precision rifle ammo)

Added M240 Incinerator + ammo

Fixed researches.xml to better match XNT 5.3's xml. Should fix base upgrade research...etc.

Fixed shields and medipacks taking no TUs to reload/repair.

Re-balanced XNT flamer (100 clip size instead of 300, lowered damage slightly)

Increased airstrike money values slightly to reward you fairly for airstrikes on the larger craxhed UFOs.

Moved flamer so it unlocks with the more advanced ballistic weapons and not so early.

Increased costs of flamer ammo slightly