(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

Just wondering if Solvers Hotfix was for v1.08 and people hadn't signed up for Experimental Version v1.08 in Steam Beta with the code, could that be the problem. If we use Solvers .exe but don't have the other current files and we're using v1.07 files but v1.08 .exe?

Okay, I don't get it. I installed this mod as stated in the main thread. I have Xenonauts in Steam. Do I need anything else? What's X:CE 0.25HF? I don't have this I assume? Do I need this? Where can I get this?

The reason I ask is, because Sentelin told me, if in the loading screen there is a sentence with "Die Dreadnought" something is wrong with the installation, and I do have the sentence.

What I basically did was: Download Xenonauts in Steam, copied the whole folder (to avoid steam auto updates), installed your mod into the copied folder, executed your exe.

What am I missing here?

X:CE 0.25HF

There isn't any X:CE 0.25HF.It's still X:CE 0.25 but it's suppose to "fix" which it doesn't for everyone (for someone it fixed) ,aircraft not returning in base after successful Ground Combat.So you don't need anything because we included our hot fix (and :"X:CE 0.25HF" ) which I uploaded few hours back in core package.If you want to make sure just go ahead and download small hotfix from our main thread.

Edited by Sentelin

Thanks for the info Sentelin, so obviously I did everything correct. I wonder though, why in the Startup menu the sentence with "Die Dreadnought" appears, what does this mean? Anyway, the game seems to run, I truly hope my Facehugger Crash is no longer there. Time to test it out, when I am home!

I'm having a problem where I get a CTD whenever I try to use an explosive with a time delay, such as C4 or the breaching charge. At the end of the Alien turn, when the charge is supposed to explode, xenonauts crashes. I arm the explosive, run up and drop it on the ground against a wall/target and then I get the crash when the detonation is supposed to happen. I tried using the breaching charge on the wall of a light scout, and dropping a C4 in front of the door of that light scout.

I'm using 5.3+hotfix, and 1.08. I'm new to this game- is there some sort of crash log I can look at.

thanks

I'm having a problem where I get a CTD whenever I try to use an explosive with a time delay, such as C4 or the breaching charge. At the end of the Alien turn, when the charge is supposed to explode, xenonauts crashes. I arm the explosive, run up and drop it on the ground against a wall/target and then I get the crash when the detonation is supposed to happen. I tried using the breaching charge on the wall of a light scout, and dropping a C4 in front of the door of that light scout.

I'm using 5.3+hotfix, and 1.08. I'm new to this game- is there some sort of crash log I can look at.

thanks

Thanks for your report, did you have any saved game?

Looks like 1.08 have some issues, in some hours looks like there will be a HotFix for this version.

If you can send me the saved file I will really appreciate it.

Looks like 1.08 have some issues, in some hours looks like there will be a HotFix for this version.

Sure, I have a save from the turn where I got the crash. How should I get it to you? The save file I have now is also using Xenophobia, but I can confirm that it also happens with straight 1.08+XNT.

you can upload it into a management file site...like firedrive,mediafire,dropbox

yes i managed to recreate this issue..getting ctd allways i use a breaching charge or a c4.

edit: td here is a strange issue...if the soldier who drop the breaching charge dies..then there is not CTD...also if the explosion is not centered (the camera centered on the alien turn when they are shooting..then the ctd is skipped)

Edited by blackwolf

Here is the link. Again, this is using the xenophobia mod on top of yours, but the issue is still there without it.

Mhh even after updating with the new hotfix my dropships seem unable to return to base, instead they just "hover" above it. Interceptors work fine though. Strangely enough it does work sometimes; my first mission went off without a hitch, on the second one it was bugged again.

I'm running 1.08+CE0.25HF+XNT5.3+5.3Hotfix on a clean install and with a fresh game after applying the hotfix.

Mhh even after updating with the new hotfix my dropships seem unable to return to base, instead they just "hover" above it. Interceptors work fine though. Strangely enough it does work sometimes; my first mission went off without a hitch, on the second one it was bugged again.

Can you provide me a savegame where's appears this problem please :)?.

For now the fix is a temporal fix..Solver(the amazing coder responsible of the XCE), is still working on it, you can also help him providing a savegame using the link to the XCE thread above(remember to tell him you are using XNT) so he can give you a better report and help him to know where the problem is allocated :D). Thank you for your feed back and reporting bugs, hope you are enjoying the mod stay tuned for more information n.n!

Edited by blackwolf

Hi, I've been trying this for a bit now and I've gotta say some impressive effort has gone into this and it really shows. I'm not certain about the kind of balance it seems to be going for; starting, crappy aliens with some sort of plasma AoE cannons and huge range are a recipe for sadness, but I'm not far enough to judge and at least soldiers survive them somewhat decently even naked.

Regardless, I seem to have run into a bug: If you drop flamethrowers during field missions they're not actually generated as items on the ground and disappear.

Hi, I've been trying this for a bit now and I've gotta say some impressive effort has gone into this and it really shows. I'm not certain about the kind of balance it seems to be going for; starting, crappy aliens with some sort of plasma AoE cannons and huge range are a recipe for sadness, but I'm not far enough to judge and at least soldiers survive them somewhat decently even naked.

Regardless, I seem to have run into a bug: If you drop flamethrowers during field missions they're not actually generated as items on the ground and disappear.

Hello Dck,

I really appreciate if you can elaborate in a constructive way your feedback, we'r testing balance. We set the early game to represent the huge effort o humankind dealing with a superior race, dont expect that your soldiers and you learn how to deal with aliens. Play defensive in early game, try to recover and develop, in the beginning you have a bad hand for this poker.

The idea of rise challenge is to stimulate think and strategy. Try to reach a little further and in that point you will understand what Im saying. Don't expect a soft game that only involve an alien massacre without losing a single soldier. Try to reach at least Warhawks, Zephyr Rifle and Jackal armor.

This is my advice, learn, your dealing with a superior enemy in multiple ways, didn't you want to take that challenge?

Same me. My panicked soldier droped flamethorower and I had to gues where it is lying cause you cant see it. I eventualy found it it is there but no graphic of it on the ground.

p.s. TD there is a chance you could pm me where i can change amout of plasma batteries recived after GC missions?

Sure I'll be happy to contribute something constructive when I have a bit more experience.

One thing I don't normally like are sudden instakill threats you could only prepare for by playing in an extremely conservative way at all times; this is what I feared those initial alien weapons would be, but a bit more test field did show they hit hard enough to leave the unit beaten up but not dead pretty much every time. I'm perfectly fine with that and I did expect a tough as nails early game anyway.

Anyway, what I meant to comment on was some sort of bug I ran into when attacking an enemy scout: I opened the door and saw a caesan NC and two... shadows on the ground with no model on top of them. There was some dark purple-ish crap on the ground so I sort of assumed it had to do with vipers, I took a step to get a good grenade angle at which point one of them "reaction fired" at one of my guys by jumping at him?

Regardless, the impact apparently killed him instantly; the game stated he still had all of his health but I couldn't seem to use any medikit on it and upon mission completion he was dead. I don't know much about what was going on there and how much of it was intended, but having that sort of danger just laying around feels off compared to the rest of more straightforward challenge other parts of the mod seem to pose.

Incidentally, new research projects aside (which I'm just a sucker for) these "viper" enemies are probably my favorite feature so far. They're dangerous, you need a way to deal with them and their actually makes them behave remarkably differently from the rest of enemies.

That's not something you see every day in a mod tbh, really top notch stuff.

Personally I have always thought the radar ranges to be too low. Since in a real global conflict we would have more bases, larger squads, more planes and armor divisions, etc. I have always thought the resources we do have i.e. radar ranges, base troop capacity, etc should be increased to account for scaling down the size of the conflict.

My solution was to scale the radars from 800-1200-1600. This allows 3 bases to nearly cover the inhabited portions of the planet while still requiring local air bases in regions to respond to alien aircraft threats.

Anyway, what I meant to comment on was some sort of bug I ran into when attacking an enemy scout: I opened the door and saw a caesan NC and two... shadows on the ground with no model on top of them. There was some dark purple-ish crap on the ground so I sort of assumed it had to do with vipers, I took a step to get a good grenade angle at which point one of them "reaction fired" at one of my guys by jumping at him?

Regardless, the impact apparently killed him instantly; the game stated he still had all of his health but I couldn't seem to use any medikit on it and upon mission completion he was dead. I don't know much about what was going on there and how much of it was intended, but having that sort of danger just laying around feels off compared to the rest of more straightforward challenge other parts of the mod seem to pose.

You didnt encounter vipers just eggs of them and they use parasite atack in 10m radius that put your soldier to sleep and deals some damage. Not usre though why you coudnt revive them usuly you can and maby he was wounded that why he was dead at the end of mission. If he was not then I dont know what happens.

A and in 5.2 sometimes eggs was invisible-mising textures- not sure did they fixed this.

@DCK

Try redownload the pack and apply again. I will have in consideration all you suggestion about early combat. To reach stability in ground combat you need to train and attempt to survive the major quantity of veteran. In early missions is normal have only one survivor. When you hit jackal and some new weapons thing become different, you veteram are stars in combat and rookies can deal with aliens surviving with less casualties.

Fist hint, try to hire lot of rookies and dont expose starting soldiers, use shields, they are good enough defensive to avoid casualties. Try to retreat when you see difficult combats.

Thanks for the vipers ^^

@Alewalek,

The bug of the plasma clips is from vanilla :/

Solver annunce it in community mod section

:/

@DCK

@Alewalek,

The bug of the plasma clips is from vanilla :/

Solver annunce it in community mod section

:/

Strange casue I have played 2 missions in vanila to chek it and aliens drop beetwen 12-15 of them. Even if we double they amonut couse there i twice as much aliens in xnt its still high amount they drop in mod.

In XNT for first 4 missions it was: 119/76/99/80smth

Edited by Alewalek