(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

NEW MOD UPDATE V5.3 THE FIREBAT

The purpose of this thread is to keep main thread clean so that people don't get confused.Any discussion,suggestion,ideas or balance of current version and updates are going to be kept in this thread from this point on.

The link to the main tread is MAIN THREAD

* Please try to touch elements of the mod concerning to balance, appreciations or whatever you want to share us. Try to not point vanilla bugs/issues!

Thank you and your welcome!

:cool:

Edited by TacticalDragon

Hi,

first thanks for the great Mod.

I just installed V5.3 on a fresh installation and now i have a problem after first mission - my Charlie-1 doesn't get back to my Base.

It just flys back and stands still over the base and nothing more happens, even if he is out of fuel.

Jets have no problem at the moment. Any known issues?

Thx for fast help, I used V1.07.

I installed fresh with V1.08 - After starting mission and aborting it, Charlie-I returned home. After loading the game it stuck again (and now the jets too!)

btw: The texture of Flamethrower-Soldier is missing.

Simple Fix

The problem is the version of the executable. Right now Solver update to XCE:0.25HF, Im uploading the correct executable.

To the players that report issues can try to use and replace xenonauts.exe with this file and tell me the results?

Hotfix Executable

Thank you guys for reporting! :cool:

Edited by TacticalDragon

Ok so after some quick testing (I'm going to bed shortly) it appears to resolve the issue. Had to start a new game, didn't fix the issue on a reload, but yeah I tested sending out Condors/Charlie and they returned. I'll let you know if I run into this nasty bug again.

Ok so after some quick testing (I'm going to bed shortly) it appears to resolve the issue. Had to start a new game, didn't fix the issue on a reload, but yeah I tested sending out Condors/Charlie and they returned. I'll let you know if I run into this nasty bug again.

Thank you so much! Enjoy the mod, is a new adventure, maybe you found a special character out there ;)

Good night

hello!

thank you all for your efforts, it's definitely an enhancement of the vanilla game! I've just two noob-questions:

1) I yet started a game with V5.2, is V5.3 savegame compatible?

2) I studied alien pistol but i still can't study Jackal Armor...is it an issue?

2bis ...sorry for my broken english....please....

u need pistol,rifle and i think alloys in this mod to get jarmor, game is probably not compatibile beetwen versions so it will break your save.

To Dragon: Link to FitH leads to obsolete thread you have to click troug it then it leasd you to another obolete thread u have to click again to get to the lates version of mod, so maby its beter jsut give the link to the latest version?

Edited by Alewalek

1) I yet started a game with V5.2, is V5.3 savegame compatible?

You can try but I don't think it will work.It's best if you start new game

2) I studied alien pistol but i still can't study Jackal Armor...is it an issue?

This is vanilla research path we change it.What you need is:

Alien Plasma Pistol + Alien Plasma Rifle+Alien Alloys

BUG: The alien "Egg" attacks me (facehugger?), and the game crashes to desktop. Every time.

This is odd,I faced with eggs countless times and it never happened.Can you upload save file I want to check this out?You can find save file in Document\Xenonauts and upload it on Dropbox or any other host you are using.

Also what version of game are you using ? Did you start new game or you are playing old save ? Did you install XNT v5.3 over fresh install copy of vanilla or you just overwritten old XNT v5.2 .

Edited by Sentelin

Hello Sentelin!

I have installed it over vanilla (newest version); never had XNT before. New game (Easy, because I am a loser at Strategy games).

Also I will try uploading the file. I hope this works, I suck at computer stuff (it's sorcery!). Here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1e2xygfvasbnpu/assault.sav

PS Thanks for the fast reply!

Edit: Try opening the door with the Corporal Assault, then fire a burst with the Private (who stands in front of the door). After that shoot with the assault; then the Egg will make it's facehugger attack and *boom* CTD.

EDIT2: Also I am using the new exe your colleague posted (which should fix the reported aircraft bug)

Edited by mailor

Yep I am using the recently posted exe (your friend posted it to fix the aircraft bugs).

And yes I see this "Die Dreadnought" sentence. Hmmm.... Guess I'll delete everything, let steam download it again and start over. Thanks for the help anyway!

Yep I am using the recently posted exe (your friend posted it to fix the aircraft bugs).

And yes I see this "Die Dreadnought" sentence. Hmmm.... Guess I'll delete everything, let steam download it again and start over. Thanks for the help anyway!

Wait,it's my fault because I didn't noticed that TD uploaded newer hot fix for CE 0.25 and I was using older.That's why game crashed as soon as I tried to load your save game.However .....

I didn't have CTD.I tried like 5 times by now and game didn't crash.

In fact I completed mission every time even when I forced reaction fire from egg:

Xenonauts 2014-07-13 11-56-14-30.jpg

Also known issues of CE 0.25:

"After 0.25HF, my saves now load, but now getting crashes when autoresolving air combat against groups of alien interceptors only." (This is new bug and it's not fixed yet so hang on tight)

Xenonauts 2014-07-13 11-56-14-30.jpg

577e7d0d81441_Xenonauts2014-07-1311-56-1

Edited by Sentelin