(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

:o

Thanks guys! It's nice to know sb is still reading/enjoying that stuff. I was responsible for xenopedia and aircrafts at the time. Im not working on anymore Xenonauts modding but I do visit from time to time. Kudos to the Xnt team and players!

You are the sick mind behind Gargol being mutated children? Man, I dont know if I thank you or if I become scared of you! Hahaha!

Yeah as Kabill said I asked him to check if everything is at place and to upload package because I am without internet right now and my upload speed was slow anyway so it would take ages.Once he is done I will update main page with 0.27 core package.And I will update last separate patch to use 0.27 for those who have game in progress or don't won't to use new method.However I think that 0.27 is going to break your saves anyway so I don't see point of that separate patch but whatever ..

Ok, so, as far as I can tell the modular version of XNT works 100% fine with XCE 0.27. I'm not getting any error messages in the modinfo log and playing through a ground combat mission seems to work fine.

It's still not 100% modular. The scripts need leaving out of the modular system at the moment as they're not loading reliabily and ufocontents still needs a fix to make it compatible. But I think it's probably safe or release.

With that in mind, the mod should currently be run with an overwrite-install of XCE, otherwise you need to mess around with install file paths for XCE to get things in the right place.

Edited by kabill

Making XNT UFOcontents compatible with modular system is out of question.I am not looking forward nor do I have time doing so (especially if it needs to be firstly re-adjust to new way of formatting ) and if it can work with simply overwriting vanilla's script and UFO contents so be it.

Making XNT UFOcontents compatible with modular system is out of question.I am not looking forward nor do I have time doing so (especially if it needs to be firstly re-adjust to new way of formatting ) and if it can work with simply overwriting vanilla's script and UFO contents so be it.

I'll do it myself when there's support from X:CE, if you'd like. The main issue is that XCE doesn't support additional mission types in those files at the moment.

I like the Mod but i would like the option that my aircraft isnt recoverable. Unfortunatly most other mods arent compatible with XNT (Realistic Aircraft Mod for example). Any idea how to change the recovarble Aircraft thing?

I like the Mod but i would like the option that my aircraft isnt recoverable. Unfortunatly most other mods arent compatible with XNT (Realistic Aircraft Mod for example). Any idea how to change the recovarble Aircraft thing?

There's a variable in gameconfig.xml that does it. <AirplaneRecovery> or something like that. Just change the value from 1 to 0.

Any ETA for 0.27 implemented into xnt.

Soon. I just started uploading the new build now.

EDIT: Ugh, actually, just had to stop it. There might have been a problem with how I'd set something up so I'm going to correct it and start again.

Edited by kabill

If it wouldn't be a bother, I wish to make a request.

I perused the xml files for the weapons because the damage output of the laser on the white pop-up info screen seemed to be lower than the advanced ballistics, and indeed saw that pop-up info screen on the soldier equip screen seem to be outdated. Would it be bother to you to bring information for all the weapons up to date so I don't have to consult xml every time I develop new technology?

He won't do that and I don't plan to bother him for such trivial thing.To be honest laser do more damage to certain type of enemies but it seems there is no point explaining this anymore because people always space out whenever I explain that or just try to play in their own way because they can't cope with idea that laser are less superior vs some enemies than advanced ballistics .So if you are looking to increase damage output of laser weapons ("energy weapons") than go in airprops and lower energy damage resistance for all enemies.

Edited by Sentelin