(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

Mediafire screwed everything.Hopefully it will upload tomorrow early morning,however there is something you should know and that's CE 0.26 problem which apperently hasn't been addressed yet.

This:http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11756-Xenonanuts-hangs-when-blowing-up-the-hedges-with-rockets

Though just few people got this bug or otherwise that thread would be full of other reports

I encounter this two issue with my new game:

1. Laser Rifle no reload sound

2. Pistol sometime no fire and bullet hitting sound

This is quite weird.Does anyone else experience this ?

Edited by Sentelin

Dont worry pal, just take all the time you need to upload it,also i have a idea about this:

That's vanilla flaw ....Melee combat units ignore vehicles,they don't do any damage to them.

If you think about it a lot of players (included myself) dont notice this stuff(that meele units don't do any damage to them),because the hunter are "apparently useless" in vainilla, how about putting that on their xenopedia entries in a fluff text for the hunter/scimitar??..something like:

"they are resistant to the attacks of vipers and gargols and stuff USE THEM!"

With this you'll get two things.

1.Encourage ppl to use the hunter(specially early game and in the first missions)and bring them a nich.

2.After the players know this. They will get a "positive difficult buff"(a imaginary one i guess xD), specially IN THE EARLY GAME, where is the time that all the players feels the game is a little to hard for them,specially in the first moth against gargols and vipers :).

Edited by blackwolf

Can somone check whats happening with my coyote armours after transfer of soldiers to another base is finished? Before transfer ends i had 10/3/6 quantitys of coyote in each bases. After they reach base of destination they becomes equiped in coyote acording to they funtion. After I unequip them I am always missing armours difrent amount each time, and I cant find them- maby Iam blind but more likly its some kind of bug. Save just in case somone wants to check it and tell me iam blind.

U have to speed time 24 H to transfer finish, check stock before doing that. Thanks

freeaking anoying bug it is probably vanila, soner or later I will not handle that, bug bugs bugs evrywhere

ufo3.sav

ufo3.sav

ufo3.sav

Edited by Alewalek

Can somone check whats happening with my coyote armours after transfer of soldiers to another base is finished? Before transfer ends i had 10/3/6 quantitys of coyote in each bases. After they reach base of destination they becomes equiped in coyote acording to they funtion. After I unequip them I am always missing armours difrent amount each time, and I cant find them- maby Iam blind but more likly its some kind of bug. Save just in case somone wants to check it and tell me iam blind.

U have to speed time 24 H to transfer finish, check stock before doing that. Thanks

freeaking anoying bug it is probably vanila, soner or later I will not handle that, bug bugs bugs evrywhere

Well, I tried it and it went from 10/3/6 to 9/3/4 every time, so definitely something there. Do you need to transfer them often? I usually set my default setups to Basic Armour + ballistic weapons, and set to default when transferring / taking off dropship team, so can't say I've encountered this before.

Incidentally, adding Engineers / Scientists to a project doesn't actually decrease efficiency with each additional one, right? Pretty sure the manual is wrong about that? Couldn't help noticing you had huge amounts of different projects going at the same time...

is the coyote armor stablished as a "default amour" of any class?, because i remember this bug appearing when you assing some items to one class (especially rifleman because every soldier start with this),then when you hire more soldiers,even when they are being transported to the base..the armours and weapons are instantly assigned to them making it "dissapearing" briefly from your inventories,later appearing when soldiers normally arrive to the base.

yes this kind of vainilla bugs are a little annoying :c.

Quick question:

I think I am used to the basic gameplay mechanics. I have also installed a couple of mod Fire in the Hole and Lore+ plus a couple of cosmetic mods.

I haven't got passed my first month yet though due to restarting through choice or mods breaking games etc.

I will only play xeno through one.

Questions:

1 Should I play vanilla with my minor mods or X:ITD?

2 Which is the better experience?

3 Do you get that fab moment when you realise that the tides are turning with X:ITD?

Thanks!

Quick question:

I think I am used to the basic gameplay mechanics. I have also installed a couple of mod Fire in the Hole and Lore+ plus a couple of cosmetic mods.

I haven't got passed my first month yet though due to restarting through choice or mods breaking games etc.

I will only play xeno through one.

Questions:

1 Should I play vanilla with my minor mods or X:ITD?

2 Which is the better experience?

3 Do you get that fab moment when you realise that the tides are turning with X:ITD?

Thanks!

HI andy welcome to the thread! let me answer your question the best i can :) :

1.well actually this is advisable, with this you should SPOT AND NOTICE better the difference between vainilla and XNT.

2. This is included with the answer above..for example in my case i played until moth four and i liked A LOT but i want more challenge xD, so i switched to XNT. As i said first you should at least play a little in vainilla and then change to XNT so you'll notice the change and will become more enjoyable.

3. IN MY PERSONAL CASE, YES absolutely, after checking this thread a couple of times,looking the new aliens,new weapons,new AMAZING mechanics, i falled in love with XNT so installed inmediatly and never regret that xD.

But first before you try this you have to understand that this mod is a bigger challenge compared to vainilla, you must know the enemies will punish you, you must forgot vainilla,all the tactics you use there is useless here, use mixture of soldiers,use grenades! use rockets BLOW everything up if necessary,and if everything fails,RETREAT!dont be afraid to do it,remember you are fighting a overwhelming space invading force. Live today and fight tomorrow xD. If you have experience with other RTS/TTS (specially the xcom1994) you wouldnt find any problems with this.

The only thing i have to say is invite you to give it a try, if you like it GOOD, if you feel is too hard, JUST dont give up xD. i recommend you to start in EASY (easy here is like normal/veteran in vainilla :P)..then after you get used a bit to the new mechanics, and get punished by the aliens,if you still want to play,then switch to normal and lets the FUN begins >:3(at least it will be fun for the aliens xD)

Edited by blackwolf

As blackwolf said its better to start from Vanilla. You will get all the basic stuff.

But later pls Vanilla is so boring and easy.

In XNT u hav new aliens, more dynamic battles, mroe weapons, excelent AI. XNT is obviously a little bit less balanced cause it is still underdevelopment and maybe even more bugged (but i didnt notice).

Difficulty cannot be adjusted mid-game.

Most things can be destroyed in the game, and explosives have higher destruction on XNT ITD as well so grenades can reliably blow up hole in the wall etc. Unfortunately hedgecrows are one of the strongest objects in the game (at least it feels like one) and don't believe can be walked through even after complete destruction.

is the coyote armor stablished as a "default amour" of any class?, because i remember this bug appearing when you assing some items to one class (especially rifleman because every soldier start with this),then when you hire more soldiers,even when they are being transported to the base..the armours and weapons are instantly assigned to them making it "dissapearing" briefly from your inventories,later appearing when soldiers normally arrive to the base.

yes this kind of vainilla bugs are a little annoying :c.

Point is that I have transfered soldier and hired new then i have cheked stock and nothing was missing, after arival the armors and weapon was asigned to clases and when I unequiped everything then some things was missing.

I notice this whit Zephir long time ago. I build couple of them and realize later that I was missing few, but was thinking that maby they get destroyed or I lost them in battle, and becasue they cheap and can be build fast I dint bother to check.

But now it was few coyote armours, sulphur, few zephyrys. When i equiped soldiers with coyote to prevent disapearing then I was missing zephyrs.

So Iam thinking maby its some mod isue, becasue it never hapens with jackal armour and mostly with weapons and armours from mod, what do you think?

Awesome! Thanks for all the responses!

Looks like it is a reroll for the last time but into XNT.

Wish me luck.

Oh

Can I adjust difficulty mid game?

Also can you blow holes into things like hedgerows and walk through them?

Is there anything you can blow up and walk through?

good luck pal !

no,you cant adjust difficult,the only thing you can do is buff,nerf,tweak,even cheat xD,adjusting the XML archives in your assets folder to change weapons,aliens,armors and stuff...i recommend you to stay with the default configuration but you are free to adjust it for your tastes if you want :)

PS: yes...grenades,c4,BREACHING charges...also the flamethrowers,but is not so "efficient" as you may think for this purpouse :P.

Edited by blackwolf

I can concur that I played this mod and never looked back. I'm just disappointed there is not much LP giving this mod a try :P

I am not really surprised.Game is made for niche market and most people would rather play game with mods that enchant some parts of the game than go straight forward for overhaul/conversion (not many of them tries to record LP for Xenonauts too).That doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to see this mod promoted on youtube and it could be also helpful for newcomers.

About update that is taking so long and which I promised ... it's delayed.I don't know why it didn't upload to server already it should have hours ago,however giving how CE 0.26 has problems maybe that's not so bad.In the mean time I decided to release small "hotfix" which will fix research entries and includes balance tweaks.It will be avaible for download in 5 min ( I am not home so that's why it will take that much).

It also includes Kabill fix (http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11599-Any-Version-Valkyrie-Drop-Ship-Fix)

Download can be found in our main thread: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11449-X1-08-X-CE-0-25HF-XNT-Into-Darkness-Mod-V5-3-The-Firebat/page2

Installation :Old way just overwrite files in assets.

Edited by Sentelin

After installing hotfix i have "#############" instead of all strings in game. Is something wrong with strings.xml? It seems there is only about 500 records there, shouldn't it be more like 5000?

strings.jpg

strings.jpg

strings.jpg.fffaa3c03258e54cf31abfcdf3fa

Edited by domein

After installing hotfix i have "#############" instead of all strings in game. Is something wrong with strings.xml? It seems there is only about 500 records there, shouldn't it be more like 5000?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5177[/ATTACH]

That'll be because it's the modular file which has had all the non-modded strings taken out.

EDIT: Which, to be clear, is not a good thing!

Edited by kabill

Also can you blow holes into things like hedgerows and walk through them?

Is there anything you can blow up and walk through?

Like ventuswings and blackwolf already mentioned you can BUT be aware of a bug in CE 0.26 that might crash the game if you blow up a hedge (other objects seem fine). Just had it happen when throwing a plasma grenade on a gargole right next to a hedge.

Oh and with enough firepower you can actually bring down whole buildings. Very handy if alines hide inside or you just need a clear line of sight to prevent surprise Vipers or grenades.