(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TD, Sentelin how about making alien anihilator(am i rightwith its name) less accurate (that who deals little damage like 8 hp to basic armor, but goodwounding and suppression) it is averylongrange too. if it is a support weaopon i see it like automatic burst carabinein use. but if aliens fire - thy everytime or miss but got the tile where soldier sit or hit 8+8+8+8+...so even if he doesn't dead - he dies in second turn froum 20 wounds/ and before diing he sometimes run in panic-) like some fellows that burn themselves with benzin and than ran and cry.

TD, Sentelin how about making alien anihilator(am i rightwith its name) less accurate (that who deals little damage like 8 hp to basic armor, but goodwounding and suppression) it is averylongrange too. if it is a support weaopon i see it like automatic burst carabinein use. but if aliens fire - thy everytime or miss but got the tile where soldier sit or hit 8+8+8+8+...so even if he doesn't dead - he dies in second turn froum 20 wounds/ and before diing he sometimes run in panic-) like some fellows that burn themselves with benzin and than ran and cry.

Yes! Im working on it

^^

How much stun heals delta viper?!

40+55+45+44 from stun button...+5+4 from grenades... -1 soldier... +40+55 button... -1 soldier...-squad.

hehe... well, just asking...

and that is damn reall hell 3 alpha reaper in pack with gargol... and i has just 3 jackals, and some advansed ballistics... fantastic!

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

i've got private (with low stats, TU=38 for example) as a group commander (99+ morale) in squad that has 3 sergeants, 2 corporals and 3 privates

vanila?

vortex projector - when i take it all time shows 9/20 ammo (maybe it because similarto plasma rifle), when reload - it 20/20 okay... but itseemto be a huge ammo capasity. may be 6 or 12 so... is adequate (so it could fire 3 times a round may be i am not right)

and alien blast canon- aliens fire without prblem 2 times around from it,but i see onli 1/1 ammo of it.

and does it bug or AI cheat - aliens doesn't have recharging/reloading then?

Again viper freeze bug :(

Just download game v1.09(not 1.08hf), install core pack + fix2, start hard, and on second ground mission meet viper locked in ufo by one of egg - he cant go outside ufo because egg block the way. No freeze when he move in his three cell place. But when my sniper shoot on him - shoot make normal damage and then game stop responding for cursor - cursor move but clicks go nowhere... so sad...

Think it is because small tested v1.09... :(

Again viper freeze bug :(

Just download game v1.09(not 1.08hf), install core pack + fix2, start hard, and on second ground mission meet viper locked in ufo by one of egg - he cant go outside ufo because egg block the way. No freeze when he move in his three cell place. But when my sniper shoot on him - shoot make normal damage and then game stop responding for cursor - cursor move but clicks go nowhere... so sad...

Think it is because small tested v1.09... :(

I saw similar situations but the system dont hang. Can you restart and test again?

he bought the place?-)))

That private dont work the effort, probably he will die soon. Is better that you use it as a Kamikaze C4 soldier.

Remove game completly. Reinstall. Load save before shoot - shoot on viper - freeze again... alt-f4, load save and this time shoot not on viper but on egg what block the way - egg dead - then shoot on viper - no freeze! So - in some case shooting on blocked alien(viper) can freeze game ... ( hmm glitch in ai reaction fire ? maybe when reaction fire proceeded - pathfinding recalculated and something happens )

If you wish i can send saved game before shoot, but i need your email. ( dont know how add file there ... )

Remove game completly. Reinstall. Load save before shoot - shoot on viper - freeze again... alt-f4, load save and this time shoot not on viper but on egg what block the way - egg dead - then shoot on viper - no freeze! So - in some case shooting on blocked alien(viper) can freeze game ... ( hmm glitch in ai reaction fire ? maybe when reaction fire proceeded - pathfinding recalculated and something happens )

If you wish i can send saved game before shoot, but i need your email. ( dont know how add file there ... )

Please! this will be helpful, is quiet weird.

The only chance that the game has low possibility of hang is the reaction fire of the egg. I detect that for some reason when you make a shot with 0% of chance the game hang completely in a endless iteration.

In this case is possible that the egg try to fireback at very long range with 0%, causing the engine to lock.

Thanks!

Thanks. But how attach saved game file to forum board ? Or can you send me a letter to my email - caysemail@gmail.com - so i send file back.

p.s. engine lock happens to me when shooting to blocked viper, not egg... but egg involved to situation ... who knows ...

p.p.s again load save with locked viper: now trying just run with machinegunner near egg with viper - engine lock again - so its really reaction fire and its really possibly what its not a viper but egg who freeze engine - as u say.

ppps - shooting on egg - but not killing - also engine lock - damn egg :) - so possibly solution to me - its one shoot egg...

And again found ufo with viper blocked by egg and again game freeze when i'm just move in their sight of range... ehehehh - maybe there are way allow alien ai to move through egg ? Alone egg dont generate problem - only with conjuction with blocked another alien...

Edited by Dimitry

Hi, i already have researched advanced MAGs but I still have no advanced lasers, only basic ones available, so base defenses and aircraft weapons not upgrading. What did I do wrong, what is missing for advanced lasers?

Looks like this tech depends on basic lasers tech and heavy vortex projector, both are researched, but i still don't have an option to research advanced lasers :(

Edited by domein

kind of had to be forced into a full re-download will this mod work for 1.09

Bug with freeze when alien blocked by egg - detected at fresh game version 1.09 + core + hf patch 2 - it is last version.

But there one good side - problem most occur in small ufo - because in more bigger - more space for aliens to be unblockable by eggs.

One thing that I like about the early un-even odds against Aliens is how liberal I started using grenades, rockets and C4 out of fear. In vanilla I'm quite cautious using those in order to avoid civilians deaths or loss of artifacts but here I really don't care :-) ... The battlefield really looks impressive after each mission ...

Good thing the countries don't seem to care too much about the collateral damage the Xenonauts cause . It would be a funny page on the debrief screen though; a tally of all the monetary damage you did: destroyed a mailbox: 200$, blew up a car: 6000$, leveled an entire building: uhhhhmm...)

J

Try applying CE 0.25 on clean vanilla and then run a game.If game crash than it's definitely problem with X:CE and incompatibility for Mac users.If not there could be only two reasons:

1.You are trying to load old save after applying this mod.

2.Something went wrong during installation process.

T'was a clean install. Made a special folder or it and everything. Even lit incense while the Xenonauts file was being copied.

Tried it a second time and the same thing happened.

And this was taking the ten minutes to gradually transfer and overwrite files to every necessary folder, given Mac's curious tendency to just replace an entire folder instead of adding and overwriting with the new stuff.

Wonder if maybe because the Mac file is still 1.07, and not up to date with the rest of the world?

Hello again, some more things for consideration:

1. Error in Researches.xml:

under Researches.ValkyrieDropship, 'Researches.AlienCruiserDatacoreDsb' is incorrectly 'Researches.CrusierDatacoreDbs', preventing the Valkyrie dropship from being unlocked.

** Edit: Researches.AlienCrusierDatacoreDsb, a couple of times spelling differs between 'Crusier' <--> 'Cruiser'.

2. Can't unlock Heavy/Advanced Lasers due to being totally unable to find that 1 requisite weapon tech... I feel it's too rare for a rather critical tech, perhaps it could also be unlocked by having a large number of other alien weapon researches, instead of that one?

> Domein: it IS still possible to equip aircraft with compatible higher-tier weapons even if lasers are missing, so it's not too bad.

3. Alien corpses sell for different values, which is great, but I think the prices are a bit too low... $1000 for a plasma battery, $25 for a Caesan corpse? A soldier earns $10,000 a month, and assuming part of that is his personal wage and not just expenses, he could buy a pile of them and prank his squadmates...

I was thinking maybe a few hundred $ for even low-ranked Caesans and substantially more for live ones? The bulk of the income would still be from the weapons recovered, anyway.

Additionally, the little Xenopedia footnote explaining the values of specimens is a nice touch, but I'm not a fan of the Zoos and People-who-want-to-keep-deadly-alien-invaders-as-personal-servants explanation....

Wellp, time to start a new game after tweaking things a bit for no. 1 and no. 2... here come the vipers!

Edited by Zelius

Well TD will do something abut no. 1 and few other tweaks here and there,also include files that I sent him but that's it.This will be last update for v5.3 and next update will be available sometime in future but it will take awhile and I don't know how long.

Edited by Sentelin

just a question.

there is alien interrogation research... that could be done/

there are alien species research that give +10% damage when stun species aquaired

and maybe its a good idea (just as idea) to make officer hunting more lucrative?

not like an slave, but... make a some like ship dissasembling feature, that could give - for example...

alive sebile officer disassembling gives regenerative pills (some ammount hp/turn like regeneration from its alienium blood), caesian psi pills (psi defence that could be applied to armor - could it be applied to for example, morale or just like - if psi attack succed it is used besides the soldier began MC or halucinate (TU is 100% used on pill eating... like it showed in the xenopaedia picture of psion - little people in the backward of it feeling psi attack-))) )

only alive matters... and pity that androns could't be hanged, but andron officer courpse(and others too... from warrior to elite) could maybe give disassempling to some ++ alienium and alloys (warrior = 1 alloy, elite 2 alloy, officer = 1 alienium, 2 alloy)?

maybe another idea - could it be an alien grenadier-terrorist behavior - big number of grenades + carabine-shotgun weaponry?

as there are blast cannons... that make waaagh cada-boom, from sniper distances, maybe it could be some use of aggressive another anti close group tactics...

As I said Kirill last update will be just few bug fixes,port to CE 0.26 and some minor balance tweaks which seems to bother players the most.I don't think that we are in mood for anything more extensive than that right now.

Also I made last patch to use "modular system" (with assistance of Kabill ).It has slightly different installation process.However I send TD non-modular and modular patch so it's up to him which one he will upload.

Edited by Sentelin