(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

About reaction fire they explained that its changed, so high reflex guys matter, its logic and I can accept that.

With supresion its difrent story and its posible that area of efect is to big so this leads to those situations when you can supress your soldier not knowing its actualy posible looking where he is ATM.

Well, just checking here, is 5.31 capable with 1.07HF? Steam got the order to roll back XNT from 1.08HF to 1.07HF... so just checking.

Also, can I get a sort of cheat/check list for getting the modded-in techs? Sometimes I can't get some techs for the love of me. :\ I don't play XNT as often as I used to.

It's compatible with 1.07HF and 1.09

With supresion its difrent story and its posible that area of efect is to big so this leads to those situations when you can supress your soldier not knowing its actualy posible looking where he is ATM.

Can you tell me on which weapons you mean exactly ?And this in 98% wouldn't happen if you know how to position your soldiers properly.

Edited by Sentelin

Thanks. I'll get it done right away. :D

EDIT:

Whoever got the brilliant idea for adding a flamethrower at Tier 1 IS MY FUCKING HERO.

Reapers, you have found your enemy and shall have no quarter! [insert evil laugh here]

So far it's pretty tough, but is it really necessary to start throwing 'vettes three months in, at least in trios?

Edited by XenonaughtFox

Can you tell me on which weapons you mean exactly ?And this in 98% wouldn't happen if you know how to position your soldiers properly.

Alien anihilation phaser. It seems it has range of supresion at least 3 tiles from line of fire its way to big(my opinion)becasue as i said you can have soldiers supresed beeing totaly somwhere elase(in bulding, behind wall and it looks radiculus). And i know how to position soldiers.

When me or someone else write some feedback and opinion - it would be nice if someone will write its: unchangable, or it is like supose to be, or we think and maby ajust this and this soner or later or if its a bug-thats it unchangable or vanila.

Its imposible to know all the vanila bugs so sometimes we take that as mods one.

1. heavy machine gun can supress soldiers behind wall- its hard to explain without screens (anyone tels me how to make prinsxreen in xenonauts - casue it seems not working when i press it- and i get prinscreen of my pulpit not xenonauts) its not i shot toward this wal - its line of fire going exacly along the wall and soldiers are behind it on the other side of it becomes supresed.

2. I mention about unconscious soldiers not loosing HP(when having icon of bleeding) and beeing rersistant to rocket fire - just in case no one notice.

Thanks

I corrected less than 10 mistakes of xenopedia:

Article on Kabill: Easten -> Eastern

Article on Viper: sings -> signs

Article Gargol Im -> I'm, sleppy -> sleepy (Im sleppy, daddy)

And grammatical errors of some Alien-craft articles (run-off sentences, comma placement, compound words,... according to MS Words' grammar check).

xenopedia corrections.zip

Edited by greatergood45

Article on Kabill: Easten -> Eastern

By the way did you do Special Encounter or you just opened xenopedia.xml and read lore ?Also you should put this kind of things under spoiler tag.

Edit: Don't get me wrong I appreciate (and Theon) proof reading and corrections of typos.

@Alawelek

1.I compared vanilla and XNT:ID modification of machine gun and they both have same AEO, only difference is that XNT:ID has shorter range,much bigger recoil and increased accuracy for 2%.So you would have this kind of problems even in vanilla we are not responsible for this.

2.We can't do anything about part with fire but soldier does slowly bleed when unconscious.

About Alien Phaser rifle.Point of that weapon is to force player change tactic in the field at that moment.So try not to be stubborn and grouping your soldiers tight when you face that weapon.Instead try to keep wide formation and flank damn enemy.

Edited by Sentelin

Lt. Peter Nemes Mission Report.

Object: Sizure of alien small ufo that crashed in small vilage near Delhi, India

Casualtys: CPL. Agnes O Hisson, CPL. Crosby Nickson, 2 civilians

We pined down the aliens as soon as we entered the area. We have kiled 2 caesans and minor viper in first 2 minutes of fight.

Everything seem to be under our control but then CPL. Adara Eitan and CPL. Agnes O Hisson get order to check the building close to ufo crash on north east of the vilage. Dont know why CPL. Agnes O Hisson didnt enter the bulding, but (as reported by CPL. Adara Eitan) she took her position on the east wall of that bulding. In next minute one of the aliens appear and CPL. Agnes O Hisson was not ready for that. She recived 2 shoots from alien weapon.

CPL. Adara Eitan reported that sound of this shoots was so strange and teryfying that she herself beeing 10 m away from CPL. Agnes -inside building- ducked in cover.

Fortunately our new Jackal Armours protect CPL. Agnes O Hisson and it seems that they both had a chance to kill alien and get out of this situation only with small wounds. It didnt happen though becasue CPL. Agnes O Hisson panicked and start to run exposing herself to enemy fire and leaving CPL. Adara Eitan alone. Next shoot out of alien weapon put CPL. Agnes O Hisson down only cold blod in veins of CPL. Adara Eitan let her kill the caesan and get out of the situation without wounds.

TOP SECRET: dead of CPL. Crosby Nickson happen due to high exposure on enemy fire, but everything was as described in the secret clausula 1B to ground operations.

Recomendations: All our soldiers has to know that we never leave them alone in battle and that they all are very important and we never sacrifice them but always work as a team. Panicked they cant defend themself and help the other teammates, and if they do this there is higher chance they actualy die. So i recomend sending special note and asure our soldiers about that. I am sure they bravery will rise up knowing we so much care about them.

Secret clausula 1B to ground operations still can be used when needed.

/Lt. Peter Nemes Mission Report end

@Sentelin

I understand the reason you intriduce such a weapon I am just traing to say that it dosent work as intended.

If wepons supresion fire is 3 tiles away from line of fire and actual target this leads to ridiculous situations.

I can make a screen and show you but dont know how to do this- it seems printscreen does not work in Xenonauts.

I try on this picture: i know its bad just trying quick

A- alien

S- soldiers

There is 2 tiles free beetwen them so soldier in bulding is 3 tiles away from the target still becomes supresed.

suppresion.jpg

suppresion.jpg

suppresion.thumb.jpg.32efe7f9e07f3a78f76

Edited by Alewalek

To mod creators - I salute you, great mod! whole different feeling from a game. I like new fighters even tho i cant seem to produce something new after Foxtrot (or get laser/plasma guns despite reseach), like foot combat pacing tho its a bit too harsh for my taste, Vipers i hate with great passion and aliens universe is too dull compared to usual ufo stuff - but maybe its just me (or if it was leading to some fancy reseach branch with androids, royal jelly, anti-alien vipers or something like that, but doesn't look like it). Oh and "know your enemy" orientation lists - awesome!

Alien anihilation phaser. It seems it has range of supresion at least 3 tiles from line of fire its way to big(my opinion)becasue as i said you can have soldiers supresed beeing totaly somewhere elase(in bulding, behind wall and it looks radiculus). And i know how to position soldiers.

When me or someone else write some feedback and opinion - it would be nice if someone will write its: unchangable, or it is like supose to be, or we think and maby ajust this and this soner or later or if its a bug-thats it unchangable or vanila.

Its imposible to know all the vanila bugs so sometimes we take that as mods one.

1. heavy machine gun can supress soldiers behind wall- its hard to explain without screens (anyone tels me how to make prinsxreen in xenonauts - casue it seems not working when i press it- and i get prinscreen of my pulpit not xenonauts) its not i shot toward this wal - its line of fire going exacly along the wall and soldiers are behind it on the other side of it becomes supresed.

Thanks

Not only with heavy machine gun. Almost any weapon hitting near solders (wall or no wall) makes them supressed with enough hits. Its still scary, cause (from soldiers point of view) walls are thin and can break at any point. (And that annigilator scares the shit out me, and i'm nowhere near.) Maybe solders could do with a bit more bravery, sometimes they like a bunch of little girls, but then again - they are fighing scary aliens, with scary alien guns.

Edit: And if its bothering you - its easy to fix :)

Alewalek thats a interesting gameplay description ^^

Yes your rule is completly true, solitary soldiers tend to be ambushed or surrounded by aliens.

The AI has programed to search for the weak point of your formation.

About supression, there is nothing I can do, walls font provide protection but... YOU can use this vanilla inconsistency for your own good.

The Phaser anhililator is a support weapon. This weapon cause morale damage, very low energy damage and cause supression.

This weapon is like a paralizer, when your soldier get caught by this weapon other aliens found easy attack and kill that soldier.

Alewalek thats a interesting gameplay description ^^

Yes your rule is completly true, solitary soldiers tend to be ambushed or surrounded by aliens.

The AI has programed to search for the weak point of your formation.

About supression, there is nothing I can do, walls font provide protection but... YOU can use this vanilla inconsistency for your own good.

The Phaser anhililator is a support weapon. This weapon cause morale damage, very low energy damage and cause supression.

This weapon is like a paralizer, when your soldier get caught by this weapon other aliens found easy attack and kill that soldier.

wow!

it is a very intresting thing! Is it a community mod ability to add morale damage to the weapon? am i right to say, that the morale dmg in weapon - is like special defence in armor from psi-morale attaks? - could it be much more - a special psiattacks implemented in the weapon dmg - like halucinations and MC? or maybe in close combat weapons?

like halucinative gas?

and what about anti weapons? MC and alien panic? morale implemented to aliens?

or maybe psi stun? so a reaper variation that hunt and stun - used for hunting for peoples mission and missons to capture children like gargol theme descrived out? maybe just use minor viper and make it two types - hunter-killer (damage) and hunter-tamer (stun)? or may be not viper but some gas-long range poisonous weapon - it make little damage but 100% add wounds(it could affect morale too,because any strange bleeding really damage morale and motivation in life)?

TD?

Yea I understand but maby a tweaking of that to supress max 2 tiles from target it will leads to less situations when like on my picture somone who is far away from the source is still supresed. WHat u do u do anyway its just my sugestions.

Alewalek

Maybe you mean that supression counts not around the aim of fire, but around bullet hit? so low accuracy MG could suppress a very wide area, for example?

I just built a shrike dropship, and suddenly soldier equip screen shows that "there are no solders in this base", but i can see everyone on hire\transfer menu, and they go on missions, but no equipping possible anymore. Here is the save:[ATTACH]5064[/ATTACH]

That I think started to happen from last game patch. At least that's when I started to get it.

No, this is not a feayure tpuched by the mod, this is something that appear in Community Mod pack.

Im checking whats the problem.

Maybe not. Chris told in 1.09 patch:

"This is currently only on the Windows Steam Experimental Branch and is very small update for V1.08HF - it would be the second stealth hotfix so at this point it is just easier to move the version number on.

It fixes the Soldier Equip screen crash on unassigning soldiers, which itself was caused by the hotfix for the issue where bases would sometimes display no visible soldiers despite soldiers actually being stationed at the base.

Please let me know if there are any issues with it. If not, we'll push out V1.09 across all platforms and services next week."

Found a couple of issues:

1. Alien Plasma Batteries. Occasionally, I get ~100 from a single UFO, but this latest haul of over 1000 (see attached) is really too much... On 3 of the occasions I got excessive batteries, I noticed that there were Anniliation Phazers recovered, but that could be my paranoia.

2. Heavy Lasers research xenopedia entries. I get the message about workshop unlocks, but instead of popping up entries for aircraft weapons, tank, etc. the xenopedia opens at a blank page 3 times, and those entries are not added to the xenopedia.

- Also, I support the opinion that the Phazer suppression needs to be nerfed a little. The aliens often fire in a wide arc of pellets that suppresses absolutely everyone, since the range is incredible too.

Plasma Batteries.jpg

Plasma Batteries.jpg

577e7d123fa4c_PlasmaBatteries.thumb.jpg.

Ad. 1 Its a vanila bug.

If u wana deal with that u have to do this manualy. Save close to end of mision. Then if u recive excess NO of batteries go into items xml. ctr+f find plasmacell u will se 1000 somwhere there, divide (depend from ufo size 6-14 bateries untill u reach corvete) 6k-14 k per number of bateries and change they value to that. Reload mision end it and u will recive aproximetly what u should for the mission.

Sometimes game make suprise and give u proper NO of batteries after reload so remember how much u lose and get this next time when bug occurs adding what u have lost.

I notice that game tend to not bug so often when price of the batteries is changed i may test it for a while and see whats happens. If its works we can change its price to 1050 or 950 and mayby it will not bug so often. Hope they fix this in 1.09.

Ah, thanks Alewalek. Strange how it's popping up again now, since I never experienced it in older versions of XNT or vanilla, though I didn't play the latter for very long.

I think I will just leave it be for now.

A couple of thoughts:

- Vipers. In my opinion forming a defensive formation should be a valid defence instead of, say, blowing up every likely hiding place or running everyone away so that the viper has less TUs to attack with. However, with their massive Reflexes stat and 1.5x reaction modifier, hardly anybody would get a shot off until all the viper's TUs are depleted.

In one of my earlier UFO takedowns, against a Light Scout with 2 minor vipers inside, a viper ran out, across the field and into my half-ring of soldiers, attacking one. After which, everyone fired at that viper, resulting in huge, huge amounts of friendly fire.

Anyway, end result, I reduced their weapon reaction modifiers to 1.0, so that average riflemen can get off at least one shot while waiting on full TUs, though this may have made reapers too easy to shoot...

- Plasma Cannon, Combat Vortex etc. IMO there are too many of these for some mission types. Alien Base Assault and Base Defence, in particular, seem to have 50% of AoE weapons, which is bad because 1. Half my troops are bleeding everywhere and suppressed while trapped in seas of fire, and 2. Aliens really love to damage their allies and/or themselves, especially those stupid sebillians. Yeah, they regenerate, but all their armour is gone.

Found a couple of issues:

1. Alien Plasma Batteries. Occasionally, I get ~100 from a single UFO, but this latest haul of over 1000 (see attached) is really too much... On 3 of the occasions I got excessive batteries, I noticed that there were Anniliation Phazers recovered, but that could be my paranoia.

Anniliation Phazer: the battery capacity is not correct (500/500)

you can modify in the weapons file itself on 50/50