[v1.5/X:CE] Kabill's (Sort of) Random Maps!

kabill

(kabill, i'm sorry if your thread was briefly hijacked by this)

No trouble.

Hi, I have to say I can't live without your map packs now. But can u help me to identify if this game freeze is related to the map pack because of the compatibility?

I'll post this on the bug thread for completeness sake but it should be anything to do with the map pack.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just making my day. Started a new game to playtest the latest release, and the first map I get is a farm scout. I'm like, oh god, here we go again. And the map was completely unlike any I'd ever seen before. I'm actually excited to try it, rather than bracing myself for boredom. Kabill, you da man. Both for making this mod and for putting it up on Steam, where I could finally access it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Hey all

Does anyone know method to decrease chance of picking maps from these packs?

Don't get me wrong, they good enough, but slightly similar.

If modpack activated (in X:CE 0.34 RC4), chance to meet other maps greatly decreased.

That should not be the case. Maybe you do not have xcesettings enabled?

On 8/19/2018 at 4:52 PM, Skitso said:

Great to see you again kabill. Hope to mod with you once again. ;)

Alas, I'd been thinking of revisiting the random map project for X2 but there might not be a map editor available.  Guess you'll have to work double hard on map making as Official Game Mapper instead then! :P

32 minutes ago, kabill said:

Alas, I'd been thinking of revisiting the random map project for X2 but there might not be a map editor available.  Guess you'll have to work double hard on map making as Official Game Mapper instead then! :P

That would be the worst case scenarion.

• 1 year later...

I think I found a bug with this mod. Or rather, all 3 mods. 

I found out that if you enable all 3 random map mods, it resets all the mods after exiting the game. HIGHLY annoying. The mods work fine if you only enable 1 or 2, but all 3 seems to 100% cause the mods to deactivate after game shut down.