A quick update - there is now AI in the game. It does need some more polish (some animations are not displaying properly) but alien units are now moving and shooting. We are obviously looking to dramatically increase the standard of the AI in the future but we're finally moving forwards on this front!

Glad to hear this, myself. AI is on the top of my list along with varying ground combat tactical maps and decent art direction.

PPLAARFFFTTTGGGRGGLLLLLEEEE PFFTT *SNORT*..........

OK! I think i just had some sort of attack!!! I cant take the wait any longer, Im puting Chris on my ignore list!! *FLLRMMMP*

*curls lip, snorts, scratches bumm, and reaches for his rum-n-coke* SNORT!!

:)

Edited by NoIdidnt

Soooo, it's 2:30pm, Sunday, 3/11/12, east coast, USA. Is 9.1 out yet? How do I know if I have the "zipped" version or not? Where do I find the 9.1 when it comes out? I restarted Desura, and when I start Xenonauts, it says "9.0", so I'm guessing I don't have the new version yet. Is it out yet or what? I'm confused... =/

we're planning to release it this weekend, probably Sunday evening (UK time).

My reading of this is that it will probably be released today. Given that probably means anywhere from 50-80% and in dev speak more like 30-60%, don't hold your breath. Stuff happens with coding or uploading or anything, until he posts it will be up in an hour, don't take it as gospel. Thus is the way of alphas and betas.

Thus is the way of alphas and betas.

Or well patching in general really. Sometimes something fails QA at the last minute too and the whole thing has to be restarted. Not as much of an issue with alphas and betas as that is with full releases but still. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy grilling my dinner and some BF 3!