Belt & Backpack

I could be wrong but I think the cost of removing and putting stuff back into inventory is also dependent on size of the item. Dropping stuff on the ground doesn't cost anything either I think.

You sure?.. Does it cost TU to pick it up?

I could be wrong but I think the cost of removing and putting stuff back into inventory is also dependent on size of the item. Dropping stuff on the ground doesn't cost anything either I think.

I've never noticed that being the base (re: item size).

In terms of TU costs to move items, the costs are based on where the item is moving *too*. This is why the cost for moving an item from the backpack and the belt is the same, because the item is being moved into the same place (hands). However, stowing an item in a belt has a different cost to in the backpack (and different again to dropping an item on the floor which, as BuzuBuzu indicates, is free).

I agree though that it would be nice to have TU costs for pulling items out of belt/backpack differ, as there's not really much of a difference between the two locations otherwise (as you tend to take items - e.g. grenades - out rather than put items in).