General strategy for survivng at insane: tips needed

I really enjoy this thread, especially since I will be starting my I/I LP start of next week. Getting som extra pointers before going live so I don't look like a complete idiot on the stream killing my self of within the first few months. :)

I dont know, you getting crushed might just be the thing people want to see. :)

I believe the point is to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. That is what is best.

I dont remember asking what is best in life. I dont think conan could load either.

I really enjoy this thread, especially since I will be starting my I/I LP start of next week. Getting som extra pointers before going live so I don't look like a complete idiot on the stream killing my self of within the first few months. :)

Im your first fan. Post link here as soom as you will start it. And gl hf.

Oh, here's the question. How to get the alien bases to be built? I guess i'm a bit too good at shooting down everything medium or large, so i need some ufos to stay alive. However, how do i know which one's which? I guess i can check on ufo and let it be if it's a landing ship, but is there some kind of specific formation or behaviour to know it's the base-building ufo and not a, say, terror mission ufo? I don't want unnecessary drops in funding.

As mentioned above, look for UFO's in a wave that aren't generating events. This means it's either a terror or construction mission. Unfortunately both behave roughly the same way; if you want to avoid the terror mission, the best you can do is wait a bit, then send out interceptors to tail the suspected terror UFO. If you see it make a beeline for a named city on the map (zoom in to see cities) around what feels like the time it would be landing, engage it before it gets to the city.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody won on the Insane already? I started playing Veteran Iron Man, but lost :(.

2 perfect missions, third bad with lost soldier (night), and fourth (night) massive bad luck. I forgot to take 8th soldier, then I lost 2 because forgot C4 to install on the ship, then they kill my sniper, then I didn't care and won with last soldier half-life LOL.

Curious if anybody win on Iron Man on Veteran.

Anybody won on the Insane already?

Yes. Prioritize air superiority and only pick the ground fights you want/need. Dont do night missions, dont let the UFOs start their special missions, at least until you can handle them. Im pretty sure people covered this in the earlier pages of this thread.

• 1 month later...

Heh... I'm Playing Veteran on Iron Man mode (after finishing earlier on Normal/Normal) and already I'm in late stage of the game.

I just picked up night mission to prevent another base as Alien landed and I didn't checked that this was Arctic in Asia (who could suspect). I landed without protection (latest ship) flat area, and lost in first turn another soldier from far shooters.

This is crazy.

This game instead of fun makes me angry. I probably lost this game, as other soldier is wouned so now I have 9 form 11 and 3 Aliens killed just yet in 2 turns with one Alien sniper somewhere.

I just recently almost lost whole game as I used teleporter in Alien ship and he did reaction fire after my teleport (game stuck) so I reset it. There is a lot of other bugs like always opens doors in large ship and invisible aliens on the roof of ship. Rocket launcher after load games changes acid missile to explosive one. etc.

But I'm sad because I lost without my fault :(.

Because my soldiers often shooting to themselves desipte >60 brave at breaserk or halucination, I already playing without weapons in casean ships (just nades mostly).