Recruitment from non military organizations

I've had a squad led by a Greek raider, and I've had a medic from NASA. However I think that given the fact that a large part of the game is breeching the UFOs and raiding bases with riot shields and shotguns a practice that the FBI or other more law enforcement oriented organizations employ daily, you might end up with a few people from American state and city police departments. With the FBI, Soviet Militsiya, Stasi, being in existence, just seems that I would draw from them.

Again as I state in posts about game content I'm sure there's a mod out there. I was going to create my own soldiers but alas, I have no idea how. I browsed the files and couldn't figure it out.

You will find these as Regiments in the soldiernames files.

(You can assign each regiment specific experience, like "Vietnam")

You also need to put the Regiments you added in the strings file, which is just how the game would show the actual wording (As in "FBI"), if you do not do that it will just show "####" when it pulls up the "FBI" regiment.

Its fairly easy.

I think your idea is interesting, and if you are willing to make a proper list for these none military units I'll gladly incorporate them into Xtended backgrounds.