Xenonauts V1.08 Released!

ok,nice....but tell me please....how it make sense that my interceptor who was send on mission and was destroyed by powerfull alliens craft weapons is gathering back from scratches, then sending back for it's home base on the other side of the earth....and finally all it's scratches are put together????nonsence for me

No shield visible when holding, crashes constantly, aliens shoot through walls (two walls actually). Apart from that - looks good.

edit: oh and miss a shot but blood appears. Nice one guys. Soldier and alien fit in one screen but when shooting it centers itself. So I cant even see soldiers animation over this screen jumping.

Edited by skulder

is it possible to add to the game animated

trees, palms, shrubs, tall grass ..?

======

How about greater diversity in the animation of smoke and fire ?

--

another idea -

add chunks of flying debris, dust, sand ...

it will add "liveliness" to picture ..

______

Edited by Game_tester

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, i say this - the line of sight and line of fire of xenonauts it's quite "STRANGE"....why the hell my soldier has blank tile (on which he see just a SH.T ) and his line of fire is -100% and then an alien from there see him and shoot him? I have try with 2 xenonauts that situation and always they didn't see each other and couldn't fire on each other. I am talking about situation when soldiers are try to hide behinde narrow of single rock pile in desert maps and also strange situations are happened in near ufo doors and chinkock....WTH?

If you can provide screenshots then we can have a look at these situations and see if there is a bug or just a bit of visual strangeness. The system can be very confusing at times, even when you have been playing for a quite a while you still get some situations where you have no idea if a shot should be possible or not at a glance.

I will try to do it if i find some time....only things i've checked was the situation on desert - when my soldier was killed while he was covering himself in the rockpile and game was clear saying that there is no line of sight and no line of fire in the place where alien appear and shot my soldier. I shoot alien with another guy and then place my 2 soldiers in the same situation to check this. Any of them hasn't line of sight on each other...the guy who was hiding had always 100% block in his line of fire when he was targeting that place where alien stood before but had a possibility to fire when i place second soldier in the place of alien. after fire the bullets always hit rockpile :( and the second guy had always posibility to gave shot on soldier that was hiding. Quite strange.

I will try to do it if i find some time....only things i've checked was the situation on desert - when my soldier was killed while he was covering himself in the rockpile and game was clear saying that there is no line of sight and no line of fire in the place where alien appear and shot my soldier. I shoot alien with another guy and then place my 2 soldiers in the same situation to check this. Any of them hasn't line of sight on each other...the guy who was hiding had always 100% block in his line of fire when he was targeting that place where alien stood before but had a possibility to fire when i place second soldier in the place of alien. after fire the bullets always hit rockpile :( and the second guy had always posibility to gave shot on soldier that was hiding. Quite strange.

Yes, true !

I had a similar situations....