a couple of questions

1- Is there anywhere some number values for advanced aircraft guns ? It seems all other weapons got number values , safe these ones.IT would be good to see hwo much better plasma gun is from laser gun, if the range has increased etc.

2-I guess im one of many:) but is there a border value of bravely beyond which a solider is immune or at least very unlikely to get mind controlled? It just seems so unbalanced, you get your vet solider form 30 missions, and no warnings, one turn and he is mind cotrolled. Or maybe you can research something later to defend against psi?

I guess im ok with psi attacks by ceteans , where you got usually one round first attack to drop your soldier morale, then second to make him panic. The psi in large ufos where no warning one round and your soldier is mind cotrolled seems just to uber.

Yes i alrdy read i can switch psi off in worst case scenario, but if possible, i would like to play the game at least for some time without changing it.:)

Come to think of it , never leaving overwatch points should handle it , tough it will feel a bit like gaming the system.

Actually it won't. When a unit gets mind controlled, they do so at the start of their next turn, so they always get a full turns points to spend.

The only defense is if you suspect someone will get mind controlled, which is a feat in and of itself, then have the unit drop their weapon at the start of their turn.

1- Is there anywhere some number values for advanced aircraft guns ? It seems all other weapons got number values , safe these ones.IT would be good to see hwo much better plasma gun is from laser gun, if the range has increased etc.

I know you're not fussed on mods, but here's one which adds in xenopedia entries for aircraft weapons (that's literally all it does; no gameplay changes which I seem to recall is your main issue with mods): http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11160-v1-07-Xenopedia-Entries-for-Upgraded-Aircraft-Weapons-%28v1-0%29

That said, there might be an issue with the game such that it only displays stats for the most recent air combat weapon types.

2-I guess im one of many:) but is there a border value of bravely beyond which a solider is immune or at least very unlikely to get mind controlled? It just seems so unbalanced, you get your vet solider form 30 missions, and no warnings, one turn and he is mind cotrolled. Or maybe you can research something later to defend against psi?

I guess im ok with psi attacks by ceteans , where you got usually one round first attack to drop your soldier morale, then second to make him panic. The psi in large ufos where no warning one round and your soldier is mind cotrolled seems just to uber.

Not really. Top level aliens have psi power 80-100, which means even top-morale soldiers will have ~50/50 chance of being affected (ignoring range modifiers, mind).

Again, aware that mods aren't a thing, but just in case here's something I just put together designed to deal with psionics:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11349-%28Thinking-Out-Loud%29-Rethinking-Morale-and-Psionics

It's not been balance tested yet, mind, so I don't know what it will play like. But it's easy enough to install/uninstall so you could try it out for a mission if you were unsure and could always remove it again if you don't like it without screwing up your play-through.

I will sort of hijack this thread for my own purpose, because i don't want to start a new one.

So my question is. Does the weapons dropped by dead soldiers, and not picked by rest of the team, dissapear after mission, and i have to rebuild them? I'm playing on iron man currently, and before that i never really thought about it, because i never lost anyone, beside people with starting equipment.

Actually it won't. When a unit gets mind controlled, they do so at the start of their next turn, so they always get a full turns points to spend.

The only defense is if you suspect someone will get mind controlled, which is a feat in and of itself, then have the unit drop their weapon at the start of their turn.

hmm. How about keeping all soldiers weapons in backpack all time? i mean with weapons in backpack you could just get them when aliens appear if not move. And hopefully alien controlled arent smart enough to get them from backpack.

hmm. How about keeping all soldiers weapons in backpack all time? i mean with weapons in backpack you could just get them when aliens appear if not move. And hopefully alien controlled arent smart enough to get them from backpack.

You would also get reaction fired without the shotgun modifier.