No acces to game's menu during "alien turn"

Or you can press alt+f4 and get out ?
Thats what I meant.
A thread on the forum because you can't be bothered for a few seconds? how much time did it take for you to post this? LOLZ...

Those few seconds can be QUITE painful... not to mention the game can get laggy. :P Whereas unburdening ones heart on the forum feels good.

In late game it dont just take a few seconds...
That too Edited by ViniJones

A thread on the forum because you can't be bothered for a few seconds? how much time did it take for you to post this? LOLZ...

In late game it dont just take a few seconds, an alien turn can take up to a couple minutes to complete.

It may seem like a trivial issue to you, but thats not reason to be condescending towards the OP, not everyone thinks the same as you do.

your posts are noted, I apologize I play on a nice computer, lag doesn't seem to be bothering me. The post was an attempt at humor but alas conveying that in text form can most certainly be an issue.

your posts are noted, I apologize I play on a nice computer, lag doesn't seem to be bothering me. The post was an attempt at humor but alas conveying that in text form can most certainly be an issue.

Its not an issue of lag, its an issue of time.

More aliens on the map means it takes longer for the aliens to finish their turn.

I play on a nice computer, lag doesn't seem to be bothering me

well... having a "nice computer" and knowing how it actually functions are two different things :rolleyes:

to elaborate further on the previous post... reaching the decisions is probably not what takes up all the time but rather carrying out the animations (i.e. having civilians/local forces/aliens running around/turning/shooting; perhaps you noticed how the game switches heights when running animations for NPCs on another height level)

so it's not a matter of the processing speed of your specific CPU but simply (enemy/neutral-forces X animations-duration) which is the same for every PC

there are several ways of reducing that time... like minimizing the off-screen (=hidden) movement and/or only setting the end result of an alien turn rather than running all the animations since the player does not see them anyway

either way a game should never block the user... disabling the game menu is almost as bad as unskippable in-game cutscenes (I'd love to play the dawn of war 2 campaigns again but that game insists on showing you the exact same boring stuff over and over and over again :/ kinda sucks)