Unit is under alien control

Okay, how do I disable this shit?! One of my soldiers has 99+ morale and as soon as I end my turn he falls under alien control after first mental attack. I've reloaded my savegame 5 times already and it's all the same: mind attack -> success -> kills one or two comrades.

How the bloody hell that alien leader breaks through over 100 courage THAT easy?!! Any mod around to add some extra mental stability? it's like my men are cowardly chickens that poop their pants as soon as they hear voices in their heads. Disgusting.

Oh well, constant re-loading did its job. My guys are okay this time.

Other thing to complain about:

Hit probability. Can it be changed to 100%? Missing 2/3 of the burst with 95% each is kinda frustrating (100 accuracy, next to the enemy and crouching; no obstacles).

Smoke. It only works against Androns. Other enemies are not affected by it and can snipe my guys with no probs.

Edited by Kiel

Don't be so infuriated, this is a game about successes and failures. Rolling over all opposition won't be fun either, and yes, shit happens in real life and so your soldiers will die when they should not sometime.

That said...

If you believe a soldier will be mind controlled, have him drop his weapon(s). 100% guaranteed he won't kill someone...

Sebillians (the lizardmen) are not affected by smoke.

95% to hit is the max possible, because ... yes, shit happens!

Okay, two more question: is there a save-game editor somewhere? I've build Scimitar battle tank, sent it to another base and... it turned into a Hunter scout car! Wow!

And how do I make screen shots? If I press 'Print Screen' it captures desktop.

Don't be so infuriated, this is a game about successes and failures. Rolling over all opposition won't be fun either, and yes, shit happens in real life and so your soldiers will die when they should not sometime.

That said...

If you believe a soldier will be mind controlled, have him drop his weapon(s). 100% guaranteed he won't kill someone...

Sebillians (the lizardmen) are not affected by smoke.

95% to hit is the max possible, because ... yes, shit happens!

And since shit like this doesnt really happen, you can easily turn it off. Unless of course throwing down 20 weapons every other turn works for you.

Screenshots? I think its f12 by default on steam?

EDIT: Oh and by the way, this thread tells you how to: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11291-Any-way-to-turn-off-psi

Edited by ViniJones

Other thing to complain about:

Hit probability. Can it be changed to 100%? Missing 2/3 of the burst with 95% each is kinda frustrating (100 accuracy, next to the enemy and crouching; no obstacles).

Smoke. It only works against Androns. Other enemies are not affected by it and can snipe my guys with no probs.

Max hit probability can be changed in config.xml in the assets folder. It's almost at the very top.

Just change: <MaxChance>95</MaxChance> to 100 and you'll be set.

As for smoke, if you look at aiprops.xml you'll notice only Sebillans are immune to effects of smoke. All other aliens receive an accuracy penalty (as do xenonauts) for firing through smoke. Just be sure to remember to position the smoke cloud BETWEEN you and the enemy. Think of smoke as a sort obstacle between you and the enemy, any shot passing through it gets a penalty to chance to hit (except sebillans, they're immune)