Xenonauts: Community Edition - changelog and downloads

hahaha :) but still....lots of luck is needed too when playing your sky mod! And I fight such battles when 2 foxtrots going on corvette with fighters only when I really need to do this - for example when aliens try to attack my base and my best soldiers are on a mission in charlie, so I cannot defend base with 5 -6 rokies. When You will be making revision please take a look on autoresolve - 2 foxtrots always have 100% victory in this situation and even they didn't take any damage!

hahaha :) but still....lots of luck is needed too when playing your sky mod! And I fight such battles when 2 foxtrots going on corvette with fighters only when I really need to do this - for example when aliens try to attack my base and my best soldiers are on a mission in charlie, so I cannot defend base with 5 -6 rokies. When You will be making revision please take a look on autoresolve - 2 foxtrots always have 100% victory in this situation and even they didn't take any damage!

That actually sounds like the mod is doing what's intended, then. Which is good.

As for autoresolve - it will probably happen when the air combat is sorted. I want the win chances to be comparable to a moderately skilled player, which involves working out what a moderately skilled player is capable of.

But lowering autoresolve chances will make player to fight! When they attack my base I find myself hopeless to defend it with 5 rookies, I was trying and trying to fight off this broading alien vessels with my 2 foxtrots....and after a dozens of lost air battles i put autoresolve with 100% victory and go to bed happy....but when I wake up next morning I think about this and said to myself "no fu.king way"....and I was fought this sky battle for another 7 times and finally won! And this was a really good feel!

good one....the same mission testing again - my sniper recieved 2 salvos from 2 drones and get wounded with surrpressions. Didn't flee as he has good bravery. So I am thinking that previous situation with my massive panic in this mission was the reason that the game didn't corect overwrite files when I was installing 0.27 using game launcher...that's my only thought becouse I've removed manually 0.26 from game launcher and then I've installed 0.27 and now all seems to work fine.

I dl-ed XCE 0.27, currently I still have 1.09 vanilla installed though. Just wondering about the installation - in the thread for 0.26 it says IIRC "install as mod", while here in 0.27 it's the standard "overwrite vanilla files"? Is tis correct or can 0.27 work as mod too?

Also, since I never had any XCE before - how does updating/patching work with the XCE? Do you need to get any further official patches once they're out, install them, and install another XCE version on top? Or are only newer XCE versions needed once you installed XCE?

Edited by UfoTubby

You can install using either method but so long as you've got an unmodded game as a base, using the installer is probably better.

Further releases will need to be downloaded and installed. In terms of vanilla updates, XCE is already up to date and if a new version of the base game was released XCE would be updated to reflect that. However, since most if not all of the next lot of updates for the base game will be derived from XCE, I don't think this is likely to matter much.

Also, if you're a Steam user you can switch to the community edition mod there and it will auto-install and update for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm unable to download this for some reason. I just joined yesterday and I get a pop-up saying my account needs to be activated. Wish I could dl this though(sadface)

I suspect that might be because it's a new account. Although I thought you could download stuff without making an account anyway. So it might be worth trying now/in a few days or trying while not logged in? It's a question for Solver, really, since he hosts the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Some downloads that might be of use:

Main .exe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oaq3lx0vcflxy6t/Xenonauts.exe.zip?dl=0

Install this over your Xenonauts .exe file.

XCE game files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7xlqkqsiaublbe/xce.zip?dl=0

XCE 'Settings' files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7cdvvfm99j5b5a/xcesettings.zip?dl=0 (activates non-vanilla features like displaying max radar range when placing a base)

XCE 'Balance' files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dt58dq2thzf2dqr/xcebalance.zip?dl=0 (activates balance tweaks like revised shot scattering and air combat AI)

All of these should be unpacked in assets/mods. You only need the first two downloads but the other two are recommends as well.

Note that the .exe file is the revised version which fixes the alien base assault crash (i.e. is slightly more up-to-date than 0.3hf1).