Less storage micromanagement

I`m against it. Let`s not push the game towards further simplifications. I`m full with civ5 and ja:bia casualness and hope that this game wont end like those successors did!

In fact i hope to see some ammo variety for the weapons (not only launchers).

It is perfectly possible that the laser/plasma weapons are built using Alenium and have their power source built in.

The ammo in that case would just be to replace anything that is used up in the firing process.

That would mean ammunition would not need Alenium to produce, making it cheaper and easier to mass produce.

I still think removing ammunition management would be a step too far in simplification, regardless of back story.

Removing all ammunition production choices because you don't like the choices available makes little sense to me.

If you have a stockpile of laser and plasma weapons but plasma ammo is far more expensive you have a choice of which to build.

Running short of cash?

Maybe you should equip a few machine guns to save on expenditure but at the risk of lacking firepower.

I don't see this as a change that needs to be made.

It is a needless step towards simplification.

agreed Gauddlike :)

this is the main problem people are having with the new xcom eu. to much simplification, or at leaste its one of the main problems.

lets let them have their type game and zenonauts be its own.

zenonauts has always tried to stay as close to x-com as possible and i totally appreciate that fact.

though xcom has said they are too, just seems like my idea of staying true to the original and their idea are two different things.

im still hopefull for xcom eu but where am i spending my time? zenonauts! :)

Edited by NoIdidnt

I'm not sure this idea appeals to me. We've already made a big step in terms of ammo management by letting all manufactured weapons of a certain tier use common / interchangeable ammo clips, which should make things nice and easy compared to the original.

Also, as others have pointed out, in the final game manufactured ammo will use varying amounts of Alenium to construct. In this case, Gazz, the choice you're looking for is whether you use a more energy-efficient lesser tier of weaponry or take the big guns along to a battle.

Maybe the clip should be used only when more then 50% of it's capacity was fired?

I prefer per ammo based clip count (int{ammototal\clipsize}), not hard math i think. You buy clips and see clips, but stored they as sum of ammo. Its not suggestion, just thought.

And I don't like the topic idea, sorry.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as there is a "laser weapon" equivalent designed to be logistically perfect but not necessarily the most effective weapon in the game, I'm completely okay with any sort of logistical pains that could come with said more effective weapons.

In X-Com, it was okay that you had to deal with gathering or manufacturing heavy plasma mags or blaster bombs, because if all else failed, you could always fall back on your always-reliable laser rifles, which could always if nothing else get the job done, even if the higher tier weapons outperformed them.

So I think it'd be a fine compromise to have a class of weapons which are designed to be very easy on logistics which provide fair but not optimal performance, and then to have higher tier weapons of superior performance which require some logistical acrobatics to supply properly. That would cater to both styles of gameplay - the player decides whether ease of logistics or raw combat performance are what he needs at different times and locations.