Capture Alien Officer

So I got stun batons, and I've zapped every alien I could see on one map. On another I zapped a lizard that was kind of naked. But everytime I do, the mission recap says casean or sebitan officer..... destroyed. Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

No, I don't think you understand the problem. I just completed another 2 missions to verify. I stun like 4-6 guys, and at the end of the battle it says casean trooper (or w/e).... destroyed, casean psionic ...... destroyed, casean civilian ...... destroyed. I also have stunned a sebilian naked guy (isn't he supposed to be the officer?). Am I doing something wrong or am I bugged?

In vanilla, stunned aliens which do not contribute to research are destroyed. They are not kept alive. If you stun an officer and you have not stunned an officer before, that is sent off for research. All other officers are destroyed after that. Seillian officers wear armour and helmets. If they aren't wearing armour and helmets, that isn't an officer.

All other officers are destroyed after that.

You think we could sell the captives to the local gov's for weapon testing....

Fun fact- Strings.xml has a field entry for "Destroyed". All my alien captures that are excessive are labeled as "Probed" At the end of the mission. Seemed fitting.