More questions about stun

I played this game a few times, but still cannot understand stun mechanics clearly. I have the foollowing questions:

How stun damage, which can be taken by target before it is incapacitated, relates to it's hitpoints? Is this amount reduced when target's HP lowers?

Are there two separate amounts - normal HP and "stun HP", or normal HP defines, how many stun damage can be taken in one turn? If there are some sort of "stun HP" - is it regenerated? an how fast? If i throw a dozen of stun grenades at target and then end turn - such target would be easier to knock down at the nex turn, or all stun damage dealt will go in vain?

For example: i had soldier critically wounded (7/60 HP). Then he was incapacitaed when walked in stun gas cloud. If i heal him to 30 HP - could it prevent this?

For example: i had soldier critically wounded (7/60 HP). Then he was incapacitaed when walked in stun gas cloud. If i heal him to 30 HP - could it prevent this?

take this with a slight grain of salt as i hardly have perfect memory, but basically yes if the unit it question had more health it would have less of a chance to get stunned. all damage goes threw a 50% to 150% dice roll, so say stun gas does 100 damage( to make the math lazy for me ) there is a chance it can do as little as 50 or as much as 150 stun damage, which can further be reduced by your armor rating( in the case of stun gas it self chemical armor ) so if the guy had been in predator armor he would have an even higher chance to not be stunned.

all of the above applies to aliens as well, so the more health an alien has the harder to stun, in the case of stun gas units like the Harridan and "leader types" have rather high chemical armor if i remember right so stun gas it self is a pretty poor choice by that point.

health and stun health should be the same for all units until you start shooting them, then as there health lowers so does the amount of stun they can soak which does regenerate the exact number i do no know sorry its still caped at what their max health is, i would hazard a guess its probability a % similar to how Sebillian regenerate as apposed to a fixed number. but a unit who has taken a large amounts of stun damage one turn will retain at least some of it for the next turn but very small amounts are pointless. chances are your not going to intend to stun an alien over 2 turns regardless but your stun damage not wasted assumeing your putting equal effort in stunning a target that you would in killing it. a small side note its been awhile since i have tested this but if you stun an alien then shoot it reducing its health wont also do stun damage, but the other way around of shooting it a little then using stun damage will reduce the amount of stun damage needed to KO the alien.a special case on alien stunning if you stun a reaper zombie it will go down and stay "stunned" if its the last alien on the map or you kill last said alien shortly after. if you leave the stunned zombie for too long however the baby reaper will still be born as normal and in a un-stunned state to bite you in the @#$ quite literally

just for clarification on my part, when you say stun grenades do you mean the pink ones that pop up the pink smoke, or the green ones that just go bang. or the even later ones that are kinda black and whitish. as each grenade has some stun effect to it, in the case of flash bangs (green) it would take an absurd amount of them to stun even a non-combatant alien but it can be done. the gas grenade and by proxy the stun gas rocket( pink ), have a fairly small amount of front loaded stun effect but then larger amount of gas based stun from the smoke it leaves, in that case the smoke it self does not in stack much if at all, it just stays longer the more you drop. where as the electro shock(black/white) is all front loaded but a comparably small radius.

as depending on which your speaking of the answer to some of your questions changes slightly but i think i have given a fair over view if your still unsure about something ask i will try to clarify