[v1.09] Magnum-nauts

I'm not the owner of this mod, the owner has gone away and I have no idea when he will be coming back but did you read the opening post? Specifically, the second paragraph (emphasis added).

Make a clean copy of Xenonauts 1.09. This hasn’t been built on the community patch. Never install into the steam folder – it causes problems for mods and the base game.

Unless you're running a copy of 1.09 (from the legacy branch if you're running it from Steam) this mod will not work.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys!

Im new here and i love that kind of games.

I install this mod after few hours of played vanila... This Magnum mod is perfect ;)

I just want to know when i will be posible to get bettet weapons?? I cant wait for Magnum 44 :)) "THE MOST POWERFULL GUN"

• 4 months later...

I've recently been reminded of this mod and while I never played it I always liked the idea of it and since there was so much work put into it I feel its a shame for it to go to waste.

So I've just had a quick look through the files and reckon it would be fairly easy to convert to the modular system. Is there anyone out there would be interested in this at all? No sense in doing the work if there's no takers but I could probably spare the few hours needed if anyone cared enough.

I would absolutely love love love it if you could do that. I tried updating it myself but I kept getting errors and eventually dropped it as I have no real mod ding knowledge.

It'd be like Christmas in July for me, literally

Compatibility Update!

So, it turns out I had some free time today so I thought I would get this out of the way. There is now a v1.59/XCE compatible version of Magnum-nauts available from the Downloads tab (or find it here).

All this update does is render the mod compatible with v1.59 and XCE, so there are no substantive changes to the mod itself. It has been built using the modular format so should be installed in the Xenonauts 'mods' folder as with other mods rather than overwriting vanilla game files. Note that if you were already using Magnum-nauts, you must make sure that you roll back to vanilla first and then update either to v1.59 or XCE, otherwise this update won't work properly.

Although I have given the update a quick test I have not had time to check it thoroughly. Hence, while I am receiving no errors in the modinfo log, it is possible I have made mistakes somewhere and therefore if you encounter any problems report them here and I can check to see if it is a result of the conversion. However, please note that I will only be updating to correct mistakes related to the compatibility update and will not be looking to correct substantive issues with the mod itself* as this is not my mod and I have no ownership over it.

With all that said: Enjoy!

*I might make exceptions for small/easy-to-fix problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Someone was asking about using Cybernetic Armour with Magnum-nauts. As such, I've made a small compatibility patch for anyone who wants to combine the two mods. Download here:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=123

Note that I've not tested it but I'm pretty certain it will work fine.

I've played it for a few hours with your map packs and haven't noticed any problems. Tougher than the original mod with the updated ai of 1.5 and xce but still a lot of fun. Good work!

Thanks - nice to know it seems to be working ok.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not really the best player and after dying a slow death and losing funding I started a new game on normal. I finally was able to beat it and I didn't have a single error message in the fail or successful run. No other mods were included. You did a good job with the conversion! (It is much harder than the original mod, I agree with Flyingsub).

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't having any problems until I complete Heavy Laser Technology research and it opens up the Xenopedia and stays stuck there, I can't close it and have to alt+f4. :\

I think it can be fixed by changing something in the researches.xml, when I replaced this line it seems to fix it but then I am able to build Scatter Laser which is a portable laser weapon that is supposed to be unavailable for the magnum-nauts so I don't know if by fixing it like this it messes something else up:

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.RapidFireLasers" );UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Scatterlaser" );ReplaceItem("AV.AUTOCANNON","AV.SCATTERLASER");UnlockItem("VV.PULSELASER");UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.PulseLasers" );UnlockBuilding( "LaserTurret" );UpgradeBuilding("MissileTurret", "LaserTurret");</Data></Cell>

This is the Magnum-nauts line that seems to cause the problem:

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.RapidFireLasers" );ReplaceItem("AV.AUTOCANNON","AV.SCATTERLASER");UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.VV.SCATTERLASER" );UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.PulseLasers" );UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.VV.PULSELASER" );UnlockBuilding( "LaserTurret" );SetCurrentTurretLevel(1);</Data></Cell>

Do you think you can fix it please? :confused:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the problem is this part of the current Magnum-nauts entry:

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.VV.SCATTERLASER" )

There is no such manufacture entry (the weapon I think it is trying to refer to is VV.PULSELASER which it does so later anyway).

So try removing that. If it works, can you post here so I know and can get a fix uploaded?

Could be the other vehicle weapon manufacture entry as well maybe? In any case, seeing as how the vanilla one works fine, use that but remove this:

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Scatterlaser" );

That will get rid of the scatter laser and should otherwise do everything that needs doing. Again, if you could say whether this works that would be helpful.

I deleted the last entry: SetCurrentTurretLevel(1);

and now it seems to work now.

All it gave me was laser upgrade for Aircraft cannon, the ability to produce Pulse Laser for Hunter Scout and build Laser Defense Battery at base.

I don't know what that TurretLevel entry was supposed to do, but replacing the whole line with the vanilla one would turn my missle battery into laser and give me free laser cannon for hunter, also the ability to manufacture Scatter Lasers, and I don't know if it would have messed something else up though.

Whelp, that's disappointing... I dislike the futuristic, non-ballistic weapons, but junk guns from WW2 brake the immersion for me too much. :/

On another hand, a complete WW2 overhaul would be amazing :D

Which makes me think... Wouldn't an Aircraft carrier-style marine base incredibly awesome? This game could be so much more amazing it's not even fun playing it anymore :<

I thought all the ghetto guns were funny, I just got the game and haven't even tried vanilla yet. Supposedly in this mod in 1979 you're not advanced enough to understand the alien technology to make portable lasers or plasma guns, so the guns I think are supposed to be from the time period, but Idk lol some of those guns are from the past century xD.

And yeah a ww2 overhaul would be epic but I think the main thing that's stopped it from happening is all the sprites lol.

• 3 months later...