medical center

What is the effect of the medical center?

Do my soldiers heal without it?

If a soldier is on the dropship which is docked, will he benefit from the medical center?

How often is healing calculated, and by how much per increment? If a soldier is on a mission when he otherwise would be healed, will he get next healed at a regular time of day, or after a specific number of hours after completing the last mission, or the dropship returning, or a certain time after being unassigned from the dropship?

Edit: If a medical center speeds up recovery, how much is the increase?

If I build a 2nd med center, will I only get more hospital beds, or will my soldier's recovery rate increase again?

Is there a difference in healing people who are listed as wounded and unavailable for missions and people who are listed with a percentage of their hit points?

Can I get a med center game manual entry?

Edited by Mathalor

Do they heal for the same amount, more often, or as often as before, for larger amounts? How often is this, and by what amounts? Will soldiers with less HP reach full health faster? And do they need to be unloaded from the dropship even if it's in the hanger?

Edited by Mathalor

At the end of every mission when you get the status reports it'll tell you how long they will be wounded for. Then when they get back to bse the medical center will be applied. So for example the after action report will tell you a soldier will be wounded for 33 days, but when you get back to base it'll say 16 if there is an open bed in the med bay.

xenopedia says it halves the recovery time, and that additional centers don't speed recovery past the first. So that's good to know.

What is the recovery time based on?

My soldier has, let's say, 72 hp with 51% hp remaining. The mission ended at 2030, and the drop ship returned to the base at 0530. When will his hit point percentage increase? By how much? Does the medical center make his healing apply twice as often, or at the same rate but with double effect? Does it make a difference if he's assigned to the dropship in the hangar?

Those aren't real numbers from my game, but I want to know how this works.

Edited by Mathalor

I had a soldier who was at 90% health for what seemed like several days. Guess it doesn't matter now, she got sniped by an alien. That seems to be happening to me a lot tonight, I've almost lost two squads to it in as many missions. Aliens laugh at my cover.

• 3 years later...