[v1.06] Economy Restored

When I install this mod after I install the XNT mod, it crashes my game if I try going to the soldier's screen. Don't know why this is.

I had it working before when I installed Xenophobia and XNT, but when I try installing just the Economy Restored mod it crashes. I think it has something to do with the manufactures.xml

Edited by Mr. Rotch

When I install this mod after I install the XNT mod, it crashes my game if I try going to the soldier's screen. Don't know why this is.

I had it working before when I installed Xenophobia and XNT, but when I try installing just the Economy Restored mod it crashes. I think it has something to do with the manufactures.xml

This is the VANILLIA version of the mod. OF course its going to crash when you overwrite XNT files with this. Again, these files are ONLY for the un-modded version of the game.

These changes are already IN Xenophobia. You do not need this if you use my Xenophobia mod.

I'll be rolling out an update v2.0.0 soonish. This will have major changes that will drastically effect the balance of the game, so be warned.

Proposed changes vor v2.0.0:

• All aircraft cannot be recovered, if destroyed during air combat they are gone for good, requiring you to rebuild it!
  • All aircraft and vehicle weapons will have a balanced and fair price and require to be manufactured.
  • Aircraft/vehicle weapons no longer "auto-upgrade" when research for Lasers/Plasma/MAG are completed. If you want new weapons you're gonna have to build them and equip them.

Other than that, I need to look into aircraft ammo and if that can be made purchasable. (such as restocking missles...etc).

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry to bother you, but I'm messing around with combining this mod and some others (strictly for personal use; I would never distribute your work), and I wanted to know what you altered in researches.xml, if you don't mind telling me.

I dont care if you redistrubute the XMLs, go for it. As for researches.xml, I honestly dont think I actually changed anything for this mod. I might have included it by mistake. Looking at it again (its been a while) and doesnt look like I changed anything.

I'm curious if 'looting' actually is of benefit in this mod. In a battle, you will run into killed civilians/officials and sometimes pick their weapons up. Do those weapons go to inventory/storehouse and have a sale value?

No, not really in this mod. Although I believe if you loot in combat a AK47, it will show up in your base inventory and can be sold. As for the alien weapons...etc, not in this mod, but looting is a major part of my main Xenophobia mod. Keep what you kill :)

hi & BIG thanks for the mod!

in GC, the weapon with partially used ammo is automatically reloaded for free upon mission end. How can this be changed?

in X-COM, the ammo clip was wasted even if just one bullet is spent. It's not great as well, but for me seems better (I can adjust cost/time for ammo manufacture to compensate)

hi & BIG thanks for the mod!

in GC, the weapon with partially used ammo is automatically reloaded for free upon mission end. How can this be changed?

in X-COM, the ammo clip was wasted even if just one bullet is spent. It's not great as well, but for me seems better (I can adjust cost/time for ammo manufacture to compensate)

Game engine doesnt allow for this, an ammo clip is only expended when its empty in the game right now and I cannot change this.

• 4 months later...
A while back I altered the files for this mod to work with the Modular Modding System. If Slayerjerman approves, I could upload that for you.

That would be great if he agrees I would really appreciate it. A few posts back he said also that he was updating the version to 2.0.

I hope this sees further development outside of the Xenophobia mod.

Thanks for the offer of the upload.

Here's the file. It contains:

-scripts>basebuilt.lua (grants access to items/manufactures upon construction of first base)

-items.xml (changes several items from "unlimited" to "normal")

-manufactures.xml (adds workshop projects for ballistic weapons, grenades, etc.)

-researches.xml (alters the techs that unlock new items that previously replaced generic ones, such as Alenium Explosives and Sebillian Analysis. High tech grenades now exist alongside basic ones, rather than replacing them)

-strings.xml (does as you'd expect, adding strings for the various new workshop projects)

Back when modularised this mod, I ran into some trouble (solved by Kabill, shout out to that cool dude) caused by the Plasma Rocket and Singularity Cannon Ammo, so I had to replace those two workshop projects (ManTech.PlasRock and ManTech.ParticleAmmo in manufactures.xml). This has no effect in game, but you'll notice it if you dig through the files.

Economy Restored Modular.zip