A collection of issues varying from mild annoyance to game-ruining

- Laser pistol tooltip says it can hold 15 shots, it can only hold 9.

- After you start any research project, the research description changes to "A preliminary study of the composition of the alien invasion fleet" even though no project is selected anymore.

- In one mission (downed carrier), I was able to see through the front of the UFO, both looking in and looking out. I apologize if this is an issue with a custom map, I have the pack that you recommended installed. Here are two screenshots: http://i.imgur.com/uaO31Eh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/hGLyqQz.jpg

- In another mission, the UFO's texture was above that of my soldiers: http://i.imgur.com/KgPe4CW.jpg Again, I apologize if this is an issue with that map pack.

- I need to be able to delete soldier classes, including the standard ones. I need to be able to define what the default class is. Some additional icons would be great. The ability to sort classes in the menu would be very nice. At the very least, make the window larger so I can see more classes and make the size of each listing 50% smaller so I can have 10 or so visible at all times.

- Any accidental mis-click in the base view results in you spending half a bloody million dollars on a radar dish, and even immediately canceling the construction means I still lose half of my unintentional investment. UFO did this properly, you had you click on an item to build AND THEN select where to build it. I strongly doubt the use cases where the ability to immediately build a radar dish outnumber the times where you don't want to blow half a million dollars by having your finger slip.

- The scroll wheel behaves slowly and/or inconsistently in menus. Why do I need to wait so long between scrolling? Scroll... wait... okay now I can scroll again, scroll... wait... scroll. One example of it acting inconsistently is when I select a soldier, add them to a ship, then scroll. Sometimes it seems like I end up scrolling through soldiers assigned to the ship, or maybe it's ALL my soldiers, but it's definitely not the soldier below the one I just had selected in the unassigned list, or hell, maybe it'll scroll the list itself as well. Scrolling should either scroll the box or it should scroll through soldiers, not both. Why is that box so bloody small anyway? This is UFO/XCOM Xenonauts, where soldiers die by the dozen, and my soldier list can display a whopping 10 at a time without scrolling? The entire list gets about 1/20th of the screen dedicated to it? In UFO this little tiny box was its own entire screen!

- The arrow buttons to allocate/deallocate scientists/engineers/etc are atrocious, I can't describe how big of an impact this issue is having on my impression of the game because it's impossible to have not been discovered prior to release and it's sloppy as hell. This is how it needs to work: CLICK -> THING HAPPENS. Not CLICK AND HOLD -> MAYBE SOMETHING WILL EVENTUALLY HAPPEN AND IT'LL PROBABLY BE WAY MORE THAN YOU WANTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE REFLEXES OF A CHEETAH. This is ludicrous. Embarrassingly terrible. I haven't even seen a console port screw up something so basic in a very long time.

- I'm pretty sure if I accidentally set my number of workers on a project to zero it also resets construction and I permanently lose all the time and resources that were allocated to that project. Combined with not being able to assign people ONE AT A TIME because the interface design was (I assume) outsourced to a potato farmer in Siberia who had to write the code using punch cards, I've lost a shitton of time, money, and resources. Speaking of which...

- Am I correct in thinking that if I cancel a project (or even just temporarily unallocate all workers from it) I lose all the resources I've invested? This seems like a bit of unnecessary punishment. If I invest 20 alien alloys in a project and cancel it half way, I can understand if I lose 50% of that, but 100% means that if I even so much as accidentally mis-click on something I immediately lose a potentially game-ending amount of resources.

-----

Finally, an issue that's strictly a matter of my personal preference: I'm surprised that you made the choice to have all weapons in each class ("rifle", etc) have identical accuracy regardless of their tech level. I think at least a 5% upgrade with each tech level would be good considering a) how incredibly costly weapons are in Xenonauts, and b) weapons in the original game got progressively more accurate and this was one of the most important reasons and obvious rewards to spending the time and money to research/manufacture/acquire them.

I can swallow that for balance reasons we're not allowed to keep anything we gain on a mission, but an M-16 having identical accuracy to a laser... I don't get it. If anything it makes me feel a bit disappointed that you let weapons remain simply "better" at each tech level rather than trying to differentiate them in a meaningful way.

For example, basic rifles could provide the baseline, laser weapons could be slightly more powerful but with much better accuracy and smaller magazines, plasma weapons could be much more powerful but with only slightly better accuracy than basic rifles, and mag weapons could be good generally (not quite as accurate as lasers, not quite as powerful as plasma) but also heavy and with relatively small magazines.

edit: Adding a little more to this topic of odd balance changes, I found myself using burst fire in UFO (original game) around 50-75% of the time once I had lasers while in Xenonauts it seems only effective if you happen to be standing directly adjacent to your enemy, but even then you're liable to miss 1-2 times with a soldier of decent accuracy. I understand this is a reimagining rather than a remake, but burst fire seems to have been nerfed excessively. Perhaps this is in large part due to the aforementioned lack of accuracy improvement with tech level. If nothing else, it should be virtually impossible to miss someone with a burst shot when you're standing 1 square away, regardless of any considerations.

Edited by nawoa

- The arrow buttons to allocate/deallocate scientists/engineers/etc are atrocious, I can't describe how big of an impact this issue is having on my impression of the game because it's impossible to have not been discovered prior to release and it's sloppy as hell. This is how it needs to work: CLICK -> THING HAPPENS. Not CLICK AND HOLD -> MAYBE SOMETHING WILL EVENTUALLY HAPPEN AND IT'LL PROBABLY BE WAY MORE THAN YOU WANTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE REFLEXES OF A CHEETAH. This is ludicrous. Embarrassingly terrible. I haven't even seen a console port screw up something so basic in a very long time.

Yes they are! Ugh.

- Any accidental mis-click in the base view results in you spending half a bloody million dollars on a radar dish, and even immediately canceling the construction means I still lose half of my unintentional investment. UFO did this properly, you had you click on an item to build AND THEN select where to build it. I strongly doubt the use cases where the ability to immediately build a radar dish outnumber the times where you don't want to blow half a million dollars by having your finger slip.

This is a simple issue I can fix in my next build, that's a genuine bug.