[v1.07] Phens Tilesets (0.5)

Phenakist

Phens Tilesets

I know, catchy right?

Greetings guys and gals, I have finally made versions ready for download and to be used in the map editors! I took the liberty of making a couple mock up scenes to illustrate what is currently in the tilesets :-

WWIITile_Set.jpg

Construction_Tile_Set.jpg

Current Content

WWII Tileset & Props

WWIITile_Set.jpg

Construction Tileset & Props

Construction_Tile_Set.jpg

Updates

- RELEASE [01/07/14]

Upcoming Content

- WWII tileset expansion

- Construction tileset expansion

Upcoming addition to the construction tileset :-

House_Construction.jpg

Download

[1.07] Phens Tilesets (0.5)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x13satwwi0z8a2p/Phens+Tilesets+v.5.RAR

Installation

- Extract the assets folder into your Xenonauts directiory. (eg ...\steam\steamapps\common\xenonauts)

- Overwrite any files (Back up original files if necessary)

Please do remember to leave feedback for bugfixing or suggestions!

Want to be a part of it?

- I am currently looking for someone to be a part of the project, designing maps for play using my tiles. If you have any interest, send me a PM.

(Anyone is welcome to make maps with these tiles, however I want a mapper or two so maps are released at a steady rate, whilst simultaneously tiles being created specifically for the mappers needs)

Edited by Phenakist

One thing I'd request if you are kind enough to consider would be alien-ish props for outside UFOs. Small but sinister things showing every now and then they have been up to something before you arrived, and they are there, waiting for you. All the props we currently have are kind of ordinary and none of them except for Alien Base give you the true immersion it is Earth being invaded by extraterrestrials. You know, circles in the crops and other weird/psych or plain horror things like that.

One thing I'd request if you are kind enough to consider would be alien-ish props

My focus will be to develop 2 tilesets at a time. My next phase is to make a few more props and giving them floor tiles for both WWII and construction before I call them complete and move on. After that I will focus on two new tilesets, which will most likely include an alien tileset

Nice looking stuff. Are you going to hand paint them too to make them fit in the game's overall style better?

Probably not, as much as it would be greatly to perfectly match the game's assets, I can't really do it and it's not what I want to focus on doing.

One thing I would love, is if I had somebody that could use the tilesets to make maps. As much as I would love to do it all, I just don't have the time. If anyone is willing to volunteer to make maps designed around my tiles, that would be amazing.

This is great job your doing Phenakist. I too do hope people will make maps with your stuff in the future.

I do hope to, at the very minimum make a few submaps for people to use. That way, people just have to compile the set with what they want and it's all good to go. but for now I will focus on the tiles themselves :)

Dont worry someone sooner or later will do it. I was even thinking about making maps. But the map editor looks so complicated for me thta I think I would have need extra one week time or so only to learn how to operate it.

Dont worry someone sooner or later will do it. I was even thinking about making maps. But the map editor looks so complicated for me thta I think I would have need extra one week time or so only to learn how to operate it.

Honestly, it really isn't. I would be able to help you with it. I have skype and I am looking for people to make maps on a regular basis. If that sort of thing interests you just let me know

Honestly, it really isn't. I would be able to help you with it. I have skype and I am looking for people to make maps on a regular basis. If that sort of thing interests you just let me know

Hmm, ok I can try. I will pm you.

I do hope you guys can make it happen, maps are one of the biggest things that will keep the game fresh for everybody.

I do hope to, at the very minimum make a few submaps for people to use. That way, people just have to compile the set with what they want and it's all good to go. but for now I will focus on the tiles themselves :)

That makes total sense. Keep up the good work.

sorry for a silly question but if I down load this will it show up randomly in my game or is this just for modders to use in their tilesets and map building?

Currently no this is a more of a modding resource and requires mappers to implement the objects but due to lack of interest this seems to be an issue

Currently no this is a more of a modding resource and requires mappers to implement the objects but due to lack of interest this seems to be an issue

I'm only waiting to see more creepy tiles. I want to see urban maps as a complete combat field, broken, damaged and bloody!

Your work is awesome! :D

I'm only waiting to see more creepy tiles. I want to see urban maps as a complete combat field, broken, damaged and bloody!

Your work is awesome! :D

100% agreement, things like that would go great with Terror-sites. As I see it, Xenonauts should be arriving to battlefield/massacre, maybe have ground tiles with dead civilians just as props, flames and smoke, more destruction in generall without going over the top (It is kinda cool how Terror maps start as clean streets, but in the end look like warzones), things like that.