Soldiers and equipment disappearing after mission

Got two soldiers really injured in a mission, one under 5% health left and another at 20%. Both had medikits on them and were stabilized. Mission score screen said they were injured (not dead).

When I returned to base they were gone, along with my newly produced armors :/

This bug has happened on several occasions now the last few days. It's really annoying since I often have to replay the entire ground mission just to avoid having my soldiers getting injured at all :/

I really hope the developers prioritize this bug, it's -really- annoying and definitely game breaking.

It's one thing if the game crash now and then, all you have to do is reload and then continue. But if the game sneaks in things like this and you spend several hours irl playing before you discover it, it's very disheartening and frustrating.

Are they disappearing from only the equipment screen, or also from the soldier list screen? Soldiers injured below 50% will not be usable, and will show up in the list screen as "Wounded N Days"; they'll be usable again once they've healed up above 50%. (A Medbay will speed up this process.)

WRT equipment, I remember hearing about an issue where equipment of dead or wounded soldiers would "disappear" temporarily until their dropship returned to base; I don't remember if they'd decided to change the UI to better indicate this.

After further testing I can confirm that the missing soldiers did show up in the barracks ("wounded for 4 days"), but did -not- show up in the Soldier Equip-screen. I put the game on super speed just to get the 4 days going, and voila; After 4 days the wounded soldiers returned to the Solder Equip-screen (health at around 50%) with the missing armor.

Now that I know that they simply recuperate in the barracks I think that part is fine (Maybe some text in the UI to clarify this would be very helpful for beginners), but the fact that the equipment they had on them is not possible to give to someone else in the meantime is a bit annoying, and something I consider a bug. I only produce 8 armors and switch them between the soldiers when they get wounded, so this bug prevents me using them all the time.

Hmmm. Did you stop and check for the equipment after the dropship got back to base, but before the soldiers recovered? If it's not showing up at that point, it's definitely a bug, and goes against the developers' description of the functionality.