UFO lands, interceptors run out of fuel, UFO escapes

So I'm just jumping back in here after being AWOL for a long while, and had a question I was hoping someone could answer.

Basically what I'm seeing is:

I send my interceptors after a UFO. I hit one of the buttons to speed up time on the geoscape, so I don't have to wait for them to get to the intercept point. Next thing I know, I get a message that my intercept squadron is low on fuel and returning to base. If I click OK to dismiss that dialog, time continues at the accelerated rate, interceptors back to base, and UFO takes off and flies away. I wonder, is there a way to have Xenonauts alert you when a UFO landing event has occurred, so I can send my dropship (while keeping my interceptors in the area in case it decides to take off again). Otherwise I don't know it's landed until my interceptors are already out of fuel, which is kind of silly and rather annoying.

Yeah it's a pain to have to try to time your interceptors with the landed ship taking off, or sending a drop ship and praying it gets there in time (and thanks to murphey's law of xcom, it will be just seconds late and get shot down, every time, without fail.)

A simple option to select "center on aircraft and set time to 5/sec" like when you get UFO alerts would be nice.

Maybe you already know it but pressing the space key (on your keyboard) makes you go directly to 5/sec time in geoscope.

Doesn't the UFO icon change when a UFO lands? I agree that it'd be nice for a message pop-up as soon as a UFO lands but I've had no problems reducing time manually when tracking a UFO and then scrambling the dropship to go after the landed UFO. What I generally do in such situations is send my interceptors to patrol the area while the dropship is en route. Maybe I've been lucky but I haven't had a UFO take off before my dropship could get there yet.