New character "gaming" faces/bodies

kahvipannu

Yeah, I was in army too (Mortar squad leader), and women in generall used make-up and such when we weren't spending weeks at forest playing war. But I don't see it a problem as an option.

I haven't had time to do this for couple days, hopefully getting back to it soonish.

Regarding what I told earlier for those who wait release before new campaign, that I would propably finish this this week, I'm not sure if I can, simply becouse lack of time, and rest of week will be pretty much work filled. Haven't work on these for few days, but have been trying to do little bit last couple days. So it might take a bit longer, or not, but just to be clear.

And just to give some update, fem customs atm, there is just three of them apparently. Again, not really 1:1, but tryed to do something atleast in similar fashion.

14703904526_e21d5dc3f6_o.png

That lady on the left has some sleeping problems, or has "I will devour your soul" look. The one on the right is not that aggressive as the original one. It's not a complain mind you, keep up the good work.

Also now I've noticed, shouldn't the belt buckle be in the middle?

Meh, when I wear one out of work the buckle just kinda goes wherever. Also as a fellow modder I totally understand how much time this stuff can take, though I have no art skills even though I kinda need them. You need time to do what you want as well, it's not your job to make this. That said I am very much looking forward to the release.

Yeah the belt buckle is supossed to be on the side a bit. But there will propably not be belts once/if I do the "classic/serious" version.

About the left face, well, she is a tad tired after devouring all those souls :D I think she looks mean like that, in a good way, but I can change that if needs to be. For the right one, yeah, original looks a tad meaner, due to the eye-brows. I could had drawn them a bit better, I will propably change that.

And yeah, it is free-time we spend on this stuff. But I do think everyone can relate to the fact we do mods, becouse we like to do it, so in a way it is quality time, heh. As long as one keeps it pressure free.

Regarding what I told earlier for those who wait release before new campaign, that I would propably finish this this week, I'm not sure if I can, simply becouse lack of time, and rest of week will be pretty much work filled. Haven't work on these for few days, but have been trying to do little bit last couple days. So it might take a bit longer, or not, but just to be clear.

And just to give some update, fem customs atm, there is just three of them apparently. Again, not really 1:1, but tryed to do something atleast in similar fashion.

14703904526_e21d5dc3f6_o.png

good work !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not dead, just a bit short on time. I have vacation now, but the time little I have been at PC has gone into gaming instead modding, playing a bit Hearthstone, and match or two per day Orcs Must Die:Unchained, but that is it atm. Propably going back to Xeno when I have bigger chunkd of time to spent in it, and alongside finish this eventually.

Edited by kahvipannu

• 1 month later...

Not dead, just haven't worked on it. I have putted so many hours in this there is no way I'm not releasing this. I just want it to be somewhat complete. I can tell not having everything done is very jarring to look at in-game, same goes for too little variation.

Edited by kahvipannu

Well I am new to Xenonauts and damn I am looking forward to this mod. The women look like woman and the men look like men. Not flat as a board no muscle at all wimps. Sorry the originals they look like they have no muscles at all and are perfectly flat and people are just not built that way if they are any shape at all because muscles have tone.

After brake, started playing Xeno again, I'm quite impressed how it has improved in such short time (CE has pretty much fixed most issues I had the game). Altought trying to play Wasteland 2 along the side. What is this madness with all these awesome old-school Pc-games coming out :D

Anyway, doing this alongside again, since I'm playing the game.

Some new backer faces examples:

15316259659_646cf88c13_o.jpg

Fullsize:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5600/15316259659_646cf88c13_o.jpg

I'm recycling bit stuff, all bold areas are the same, etc. But I try to replicate the main features of the pics, and there is bloody 90 or something like that of them, so taking a bit shortcuts is propably necessary to finish this in the first place.

EDIT:

I'm considering scrapping the whole "gaming faces" thing, and just make "incoqnito" ones for the genric faces too. Maybe try to make something that could go with the fashion of the particular time the game takes place. But that will come later after finishing the backer ones, and armors. Gaming ones could stay as optional dl.

Edited by kahvipannu

I like the gaming ones. Maybe because I don't recognise any of them. Maybe because they have good personality which is something I really like.

TBH I'd be quite happy to have them, though judging from the work you've posted so far I'd be quite happy with whatever you release.

edit------------

Wasteland 2 has some pretty nice character art as well.

Wasteland 2 does have some nice art in it yes. You can use own pics for the characters too without too much of a hassle, which is pretty cool.

Can't wait to see the modding tools for it, I think they were included in the kickstarter "funding-tier" it achieved. The game could use some new textures and stuff, but even with its a bit spartan presentation besides the art-assets, the writing and gameplay seems superb so far what I have played.

• 2 weeks later...