New character "gaming" faces/bodies

kahvipannu

Here is the current design of Jackals for both genders, once again needs some polish on upper body, like the neck-guard and left foot for males, but I think in generall this is what I will settle design wise. I will leave variations for no helm and no mask, so people can pick the one they like the most.

Full size:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3904/14541125224_c5278fc1f4_o.png

beefcheeseheavy.jpg

In-game:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3835/14539616281_2f65503c39_o.png

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3879/14543000445_97db73e684_o.png

beefcheeseheavy.jpg

beefcheeseheavy.jpg.2b2cb852afef9d5c5fe7

Edited by kahvipannu

Unfortunatelly regional gear isn't possible as far as I know, you can pick one variation. I'll include non-helmet, helmet + mask, and just helmet variations once I get this done, so you can choose which one you like the most and use that one.

I will propably make buzzard in same style too, wolf maybe, just for the sake of consistensy, but higher tier than that not sure, they are full body and show no body shape or skin, and Jsleezy has quite fantastic reworks on them already.

I'd actually really like to see your take on wolf and buzzard armor, this is awesome work. I have one request though, could you make a variation of the female basic armor with the jacket zipped up? I like fanservice as much as the next guy, but when I'm playing as their commander I'm supposed to frown on that sort of thing between the soldiers.

I have one request though, could you make a variation of the female basic armor with the jacket zipped up? I like fanservice as much as the next guy, but when I'm playing as their commander I'm supposed to frown on that sort of thing between the soldiers.

Yes, I can totally understand that. I was considering doing "male" torso variant for the fem too, more serious one while I worked the men one. I haven't started doing one yet tought, but I'll post it here if I get one done.

And thanks guys.

Glad you guys like them.

I hope to see it ingame soon.

Quite a bit before release still. I will propably do fem-wolf before male buzzard next, and most stuff I have done now still needs work, only un-zipped fem basic armour, and Jackal variants for both genders don't need much work I think. I'm going to have to re-make some of the fem heads, and pretty much all male ones I have atm to unifye the position and size. But if I just have time, this stuff should come out eventually at some point, just can't say when.

Finished Buzzard and zipped fem in-game. I started variant with collars like the men have, but to remove the old "high-collar" I would have to make full necks for all characters, and I would have to tweak all of theyr skintones again, so I'm not very keen to go further with it, atleast not now. But I will add it as option for those who might like it more.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2924/14364810579_fcc3c7e93c_o.png

14364810579_fcc3c7e93c_o.png

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2906/14364825958_604274a321_o.png

14364825958_604274a321_o.png

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5485/14550511882_c13ba65ae3_o.png

14550511882_c13ba65ae3_o.png

Actually your mod isn't silly at all, it is a huge improvement over the vanilla dorks. Looking forward to it.

Also I'd like to make a mod request. Could you get rid of the silly guys in the background at the base (scientist, engineer, store guy etc.). These are actually some simple picture files, and could be easily changed. I am no artist, so I can't do this, so PLEASE do something against those people! The look of these fools actually makes it impossible for me to play the game, really!

Actually your mod isn't silly at all, it is a huge improvement over the vanilla dorks. Looking forward to it.

Also I'd like to make a mod request. Could you get rid of the silly guys in the background at the base (scientist, engineer, store guy etc.). These are actually some simple picture files, and could be easily changed. I am no artist, so I can't do this, so PLEASE do something against those people! The look of these fools actually makes it impossible for me to play the game, really!

That's the most peculiar game-breaking problem I've seen reported :)

They actually are simple pics in the files, the characters are separate from backrounds. I have replaced the scientist guy myself already, but while I was playing I kinda started liking the vanilla-characters, so I will propably not make mod for alt characters, or atleast not in near future.

But you can just edit the pictures "empty". Not sure if just deleting them will do the same trick, just backup before deleting.

Check:

Xenonauts/assets/ui_screens

Edit:

Yes, I have been slowly fixing little hickups here and there, so will propably be fixed at some point.

Regarding high contrast, It should be quite easy to bring the characters more like the backrounds, but I like them a bit more stand-out and sharp, and it would be hard to do it other way around. Makes more sense to "downgrade" them later if needed.

Edited by kahvipannu

They actually are simple pics in the files, the characters are separate from backrounds. I have replaced the scientist guy myself already, but while I was playing I kinda started liking the vanilla-characters, so I will propably not make mod for alt characters, or atleast not in near future.

But you can just edit the pictures "empty". Not sure if just deleting them will do the same trick, just backup before deleting.

Check:

Xenonauts/assets/ui_screens

OH NOES! Too bad, I guess I'll have to end up deleting them, or make a black spot over their faces with MS Paint... Thanks anyway!

Thanks guys.

Here is female wolf-armor, some shadows, helmet, and such still need work, but in overall I consider it done. As with the otherones, I tryed to stay loyal to the original design. Male variants of Buzzard and wolf will be pretty much same design, just the chest area will differ.

Fullsize:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3892/14371246599_62057f9958_o.jpg

wolf kopio.jpg

wolf kopio.jpg

577e7d048a3da_wolfkopio.jpg.1c74386c2b49