FTD Mod

dpelectric

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.corvette</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"/>

</Row>

Delete this bit (in the spoiler tag) and it should work fine. I don't know whether this will fix an ongoing game, though - it might but I can't remember when the game updates UFO types exactly.

I just did what Kabill suggested and deleted this line:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.corvette</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"/>

</Row>

From AM base attack file in the mod that is currently downloadable from the downloads page.

I also have not got into December yet to see if it is actually working.

I just checked my game again and I found I made a mistake.

The corvettes are actually arriving in October and the Landing ship is arriving in November (not the assault lander)

Have not made it to December yet as I get base attacked before that so can't fast forward any more.

As a side question.

It this mod compatible with Dynamic Ufo's?

Edited by Balabhadradas

It won't stop the game from running but the two mods aren't really gameplay compatible as the changes made by FTD would just overwrite some of the changes in Dynamic UFOs rather than integrate with them.

That's interesting because Drages has both of them in his mod. Does he realist the potential game play incompatibility, or has he also integrated them?

Quote:

- There mods are implemented with X-Division:

- "Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My" from skaianDestiny

- "Dynamic Ufo Spawns" from kabill

End Quote.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12828-v1-09-X-CE-v0-31-X-DIVISION-Destiny-Denied-v0-98

I would assume he has made changes to get them to work together?

In any case, it won't be catastrophic. The issue is that because the main point of Dynamic UFOs is to add some randomness to the kinds of UFOs spawning, it's counter to that mod's aims to then render certain mission types with static UFO lists. In the context of another mod, that might be fine, but if you're just using Dynamic UFOs, using FTD as well would undermine the purpose of the mod.

(That's not to say that you couldn't make adjustments to FTD to make it work perfectly well with Dynamic UFOs. But in its current state it doesn't.)

Dynamic UFO is very important to the game. I wish to see much more ufo types rather then the only bigger and bigger ones. So at late game, there should be scouts, corvettes, cruisers too. But even you have them at late game, a scout from the beginning will be just easy target for your end game weapon/planes and their crew will be very easy too.

Now we can add new ufos with ground combat and i mixed this with Dynamic UFO. I created 2 or 3 ufos of same kind and added them to the maps. So at late game you will see "Heavy Scout" with updated stats, weapons and crew, just with the same visuals with our scout which i will retexture for some color change. This means early battleships too with less stats and easy crew.

Sadly, Kabill is very busy these days. I would love to see him updating Dynamic UFO with this new features and at east with brand new interiors which i really suck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there, i am using FTD with X:CE 0.34, on an ongoing game... it's seem to work fine except... how the heck i am supposed to build a singularity torpedo to rearm my furies? Am i missing something or it's just that i activated the mod late game and screw something?

Hi there, i am using FTD with X:CE 0.34, on an ongoing game... it's seem to work fine except... how the heck i am supposed to build a singularity torpedo to rearm my furies? Am i missing something or it's just that i activated the mod late game and screw something?

The singularity core was changed to a gravity bomb that is researched from the Cruiser IIRC. So yeah, this is meant for a fresh run, like any mod that heavily edits the tech tree.