FTD Mod

dpelectric

It changes the Marauder to require the Corsair be researched as well as the default requirements (armour plating and alien reactor) but I assume you have researched those already? In any case, it doesn't seem to be a typo so maybe another mod is causing the issue?

Ok, dno what happens. As I researched the Plating and Alien reactor already, and as I have the predator armor, I just dont get it. Any manual way to enable it?

Are there any research projects you've not completed yet? The easiest way I can think of would involve adding the Marauder tech as an unlock after finishing another research project. Other than that, I don't know - not sure there's a way to manually unlock techs in game.

• 1 month later...

I'm running into a strange issue where I'm consistently getting Assault Carrier-led Base Attack and Terror missions at around the 200 ticker mark. I've confirmed that the ticker hasn't erroneously risen somehow (Corvettes barely show up two weeks before the Assault Carrier party starts) and the AM files state their correct 425+ values.

I checked the cod. There is nothing wrong with terror missions it seems. But at base assaults, i see that kabill erased the corvette-landing spawn and made it start from 450 for assaultlanding. Even the assault should come at 450, the base assault missions starts 200.. so maybe it made start with assaultlanding earlier..

But as i said if i said is what happens, it should be only base assaults, not terror missions..

• 3 months later...

There seems to be a problem with the assault lander timings:

RiceMuncher

03-28-2015 at 12:07

Lol assault lander arrives at December. Send two foxtrots+ condor , all die.

Unloads onto my 14man + vechile base.

3x plasma cannons + loads of leaders

Lose base. End game.

Worst balance ever. That assault lander is bull***

SnakeTheFox

04-15-2015 at 11:15

Yeah, seriously, I'm in early January and there is literally nothing available at this point to fight off that unfair assault lander Chewed through 2 foxtrots followed by 3 condors, all of which got their plasma torps/missiles on target. It's total bull***.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2

I cant install it.

I get an error as it cant find the "soviet town" file path.

Perhaps related to what Lunak is saying.

Look for the maps folder and you will see there is a wrong typo at soviettown folder name. For that reason, that ufos cannot create a terror site.

Look for the maps folder and you will see there is a wrong typo at soviettown folder name. For that reason, that ufos cannot create a terror site.

Terror sites are not the problem people are having.

It's the assault lander timings that is the problem:

"RiceMuncher

03-28-2015 at 12:07

Lol assault lander arrives at December. Send two foxtrots+ condor , all die.

Unloads onto my 14man + vechile base.

3x plasma cannons + loads of leaders

Lose base. End game.

Worst balance ever. That assault lander is bull***

SnakeTheFox

04-15-2015 at 11:15

Yeah, seriously, I'm in early January and there is literally nothing available at this point to fight off that unfair assault lander Chewed through 2 foxtrots followed by 3 condors, all of which got their plasma torps/missiles on target. It's total bull***.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/f...p?do=file&id=2

Big Z

"I'm running into a strange issue where I'm consistently getting Assault Carrier-led Base Attack and Terror missions at around the 200 ticker mark. I've confirmed that the ticker hasn't erroneously risen somehow (Corvettes barely show up two weeks before the Assault Carrier party starts) and the AM files state their correct 425+ values."

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/f...FTD-Mod/page16

The Corvettes should be appearing at the 200 mark, but for some reason they're being replaced by the Assault Lander instead.

=>

I checked the cod. There is nothing wrong with terror missions it seems. But at base assaults, i see that kabill erased the corvette-landing spawn and made it start from 450 for assaultlanding. Even the assault should come at 450, the base assault missions starts 200.. so maybe it made start with assaultlanding earlier..

But as i said if i said is what happens, it should be only base assaults, not terror missions..

Thanks.

At the moment I have 4 versions of this file.

One from 0.26:

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.corvette</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">100</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.landingship</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">350</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.assaultlander</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">450</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.dreadnought</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">600</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">e:airplane.alien.fighter</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">e:airplane.alien.heavyfighter</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">350</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">e:airplane.alien.interceptor</Data></Cell>

One from Kabill with fixes from Feb 7th:

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.assaultlander</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.dreadnought</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.corvette</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"/>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.landingship</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.carrier</Data></Cell>

One from Skaian from recently in this forum:

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.assaultlander</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">450</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.dreadnought</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">600</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.corvette</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">200</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.landingship</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"/>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.carrier</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"/>

Finally Drages fix:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="14.25" ss:StyleID="s21">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s23"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.corvette</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s24"><Data ss:Type="Number">200</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="Default"><Data ss:Type="Number">100</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s23"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.assaultlander</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s24"><Data ss:Type="Number">450</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s23"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.dreadnought</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s24"><Data ss:Type="Number">600</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s23"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.landingship</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s24"/>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s23"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.carrier</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s24"/>

Sorry I don't know how to "hide" text walls.

I don't know coding so looking at these what strings are the best to give proper timings for the ships? It also looks like "Alienlandingships" has been removed from the timings in the latest versions.

So, any ideas?

These changes are actually present in the terror mission files as well:

From 0.26:

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Once per wave</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="String">true</Data></Cell>

</Row>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">300</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">425</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">650</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">e:airplane.alien.fighter</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">e:airplane.alien.heavyfighter</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">300</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">e:airplane.alien.interceptor</Data></Cell>

From Kabill:

</Row>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.cruiser</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.battleship</Data></Cell>

From Skaian:

</Row>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.cruiser</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.battleship</Data></Cell>

Just an observation.

Try using

To explain the file:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0"> Ignore this

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.assaultlander</Data></Cell> This identifies UFO will appear at the given time

<Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="Number">425</Data></Cell> This indicates using a hidden "ticker" when the chance for a UFO of the above type will start to appear

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">100</Data></Cell> This is complicated. It needs a full post to explain adequately. It is not as important as the other two lines

</Row>

I had a quick look at the currently downloadable file and it looks like I've screwed up slightly by adding in a line which removes the Corvette entry from base attacks. So if you simply delete that entry from the FTD AM_BaseAttack file that should fix the issue (as it will then just default to using the un-modded value for the Corvette on Base Attack missions).

I had a quick look at the currently downloadable file and it looks like I've screwed up slightly by adding in a line which removes the Corvette entry from base attacks. So if you simply delete that entry from the FTD AM_BaseAttack file that should fix the issue (as it will then just default to using the un-modded value for the Corvette on Base Attack missions).

Thanks, which line do we delete specifically?

Thanks, which line do we delete specifically?

Or even better, what should the AM _BaseAttacck file look like if done properly? Could you upload a working one?

The curent downloadable file looks like this in the ships section:

</Row>

</Row>

</Row>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">m:airplane.alien.carrier</Data></Cell>

PS, told you I did not know how to use

. :P

Edited by Balabhadradas