[V1.07] Corporation Weapons Expansion for XNT v5.2+hotfix (v1.0)

Corporation Weapons Expansion for XNT v5.2+hotfix (v1.0.4)

Xenonaught Game Ver: 1.06

DOWNLOAD HERE v1.0.4

UPDATED V1.0.4 - 100% working and fully tested. Artwork added back in with permission.

Discussion Thread for Bugs/Suggestions HERE

+5 new laser weapons

+13 new plasma weapons

+8 new ballistic weapons

+3 new MAG weapons

All weapons are integrated into XNT v5.2 (including the hotfix). You will need XNT v5.2 first!

Installation

1. Download and install XNT v5.2 core pack
  2. Download and install XNT v5.2 hotfix
  3. Download and extract Corporation Weapons Expansion (CWE) into /assets/
  4. Overwrite exisiting files as prompted

How to unlock

• LasTek - Unlocked after researching "Advanced Lasers"
  • Kas Corp - Unlocked after researching "Advanced Plasmas"
  • Core Concepts - Unlocked after researching "Advanced MAGs"
  • Mars Manufacturing - Unlocked after researching "Plasma Weaponry"
  • Metal Storm - Unlocked after researching "Advanced MGs"

Known Issues

• No weapons have roll-over texts showing their stats. This functions like the new weapons added in XNT. I'll need to fill out the strings.xml with all the data by hand at some point :<
  • Weapons are balanced in-line of the current XNT v5.2 weapons, mostly tested.

Disclaimer

Thank you to Goldhawk Interactive for such a great game and doing a wonderful job.

BIG thanks to the XNT team for their mod, information and templates that helped in modding more stuff.

Feel free to use these files and modify as you wish, except artwork. Would LOVE it if the XNT team would include these in their base mod and/or maybe fix any errors I made ;)

Las_heavy.jpg

Las_pistol.jpg

Las_rifle1.jpg

Las_rifle2.jpg

Las_sniper.jpg

Las_heavy.png

Las_pistol.png

Las_rifle1.png

Las_rifle2.png

Las_sniper.png

kas_autopistol.png

kas_heavy.png

kas_pistol1.png

kas_rifle.png

kas_rifle2.png

kas_smg.png

kas_sniper.png

mar_heavy.png

mar_launcher.png

mar_pistol.png

Las_heavy.jpg

Las_pistol.jpg

Las_rifle1.jpg

Las_rifle2.jpg

Las_sniper.jpg

Las_heavy.png

Las_pistol.png

Las_rifle1.png

Las_rifle2.png

Las_sniper.png

kas_autopistol.png

kas_heavy.png

kas_pistol1.png

kas_rifle.png

kas_rifle2.png

kas_smg.png

kas_sniper.png

mar_heavy.png

mar_launcher.png

mar_pistol.png

Las_heavy.jpg.056b82641996fb83bc298437e3

Las_pistol.jpg.a56db7248cd98d5b8e89b084d

Las_rifle1.jpg.e743f194c03b15f242e0f09ae

Las_rifle2.jpg.11aff39aa77ee516d004c8039

Las_sniper.jpg.6f146eab65b78885e7bdccfd2

Las_heavy.png.77878b584ddd43fe94a1333756

Las_pistol.png.e2e59c6093ce79813fee2c801

Las_rifle1.png.a2daee7fc8d601caf222fbd9b

Las_rifle2.png.bc7036cccdc444d4c52ce8899

Las_sniper.png.fb9077ac9c2ececeb71703c7c

kas_autopistol.png.b9c4ac2c96fb8b5bc6ff9

kas_heavy.png.fa3239cb735e732b01e361006b

kas_pistol1.png.faf24e48941ee288edd2d987

kas_rifle.png.c17fd2efb32fca786e67689a21

kas_rifle2.png.3dcaa67907e1d46d26f9c7e20

kas_smg.png.e8d7f81ca0325b24850f9482e20b

kas_sniper.png.5de2b3f028d9c6cdc4f11e7cd

mar_heavy.png.0f1021deb5148ad7e4324a6cef

mar_launcher.png.13216ec28900d2f211c0931

mar_pistol.png.71be7184491e1db591cf0ddad

Edited by Slayerjerman
Permissions

LasTek

This private R&D corporation was originally contracted to improve laser technology and after doing so, were discovered selling these new arms on the black market. All LasTek based designs are slightly better than standard Xenonaught laser weaponry.

Kas Corp

A newly founded Eurpoean company focusing on existing fission technology enhanced with recovered and modified alien tech. Their weapons are little more than a micro-sized Hadron collider that accelerate particles to near light-speed.

Core Concepts

A highly skilled and privately funded weapons developer. Little is known about the company other than the few weapons they do make are exceedingly expensive and only for sale to the ultra-rich. It is rumored some rich lunatic shot down a small UFO craft with one of these rifles and had it hauled to his private estate as some sort of hunting trophy.

Mars Manufacturing

Considered little more than a sleazy attempt to get rich quick. Mars Manufacturing quickly setup ultra low-cost factories in China in hopes of churning out fast, cheap and low-grade versions of the standard Plasma designs discovered by Xenonaught researchers. Many blame the Chinese government of leaking the top-secret plans to them, but its still unclear how they got the specification plans.

Metalstorm INC

A new subsidiary of a major ammunition supplier for ballistic weapons focusing on weapons with ridiculous rates of fire and pouring lead down range. Make no mistake, their weapons are as lethal as anything the aliens have, just, well, not nearly as accurate.

mar_heavy.png

mar_launcher.png

mar_pistol.png

mar_rifle.png

mar_rifle2.png

mar_shot.png

metal_heavy.png

metal_launcher.png

metal_pistol.png

metal_rifle.png

metal_shotgun.png

metal_smg.png

metal_sniper.png

metal_very_heavy.png

mar_heavy.png

mar_launcher.png

mar_pistol.png

mar_rifle.png

mar_rifle2.png

mar_shot.png

metal_heavy.png

metal_launcher.png

metal_pistol.png

metal_rifle.png

metal_shotgun.png

metal_smg.png

metal_sniper.png

metal_very_heavy.png

mar_heavy.png.816b6d2a3a44c0727ea5e2e77a

mar_launcher.png.2350297cf51c0203838475e

mar_pistol.png.22cf62842924bd1224dd28ce7

mar_rifle.png.9b06f0faf4cb39abda6fc8b624

mar_rifle2.png.e2e5c071c3b09f1788c775e3e

mar_shot.png.b9f3a0ba307596a0ccb9cd15125

metal_heavy.png.2095275bd3828275ce5bb042

metal_launcher.png.f40d52832456fea055e3f

metal_pistol.png.bf6a876bfbabdb29e3836bf

metal_rifle.png.0fc097736c295db07d251c25

metal_shotgun.png.02f85d29fa4521943f08af

metal_smg.png.766e4673b1d0514822bbfb037b

metal_sniper.png.2846c69551a35ca02b22b7f

metal_very_heavy.png.8ae2437ca69524db800

Edited by Slayerjerman

You made few mistakes in weapon_gc.xml look under line 807 <GUIImage name="gui/weapons/Las_sniper.png""/> ----> <GUIImage name="gui/weapons/Las_sniper.png"/>

and 791 line <GUIImage name="ui/weapons/Las_rifle1.png""/> -------> <GUIImage name="ui/weapons/Las_rifle1.png"/>

Ahhh thanks mate, ill fix asap.

And done. v1.0.1 is up

Edited by Slayerjerman

I did have permission, but granted it was permission from the artist to use the assets in a different game mod, and a few years ago. So, I've re-requested from him to use the same assets in Xenonaughts and in the meantime I have removed the art from the mod and replaced it with temp art in v1.0.2.

In any case, changing the art is simple, I'm more curious if the XMLs and such are bug-free.

Also, I'm unable to remove the attachments from the posts through the forum's file manager. So for now those will have to linger.

Very clean code, very interesting options and stat development. :cool:

But I have a little question, this weapons lacks on animations right?

Thanks for taking the time to review the code, really appreciated! Yeah, right now its just going to be the weapon GUI sprites that are new, I am simply reusing the equivalent "groundimages" and such from the base game weapons.

Probaly looking at adding more stuff sooner or later, but for now this was my first real mod attempt aside from tinkering with gameconfig.xml, lol.

What I really want to do next is add more armor sets, especially more shields. The combat shields are seriously underrated! Hopefully with unique outfits, but I dont expect to meddle with the sprite atlases for the in-game units anytime soon.

Thanks for taking the time to review the code, really appreciated! Yeah, right now its just going to be the weapon GUI sprites that are new, I am simply reusing the equivalent "groundimages" and such from the base game weapons.

Probaly looking at adding more stuff sooner or later, but for now this was my first real mod attempt aside from tinkering with gameconfig.xml, lol.

What I really want to do next is add more armor sets, especially more shields. The combat shields are seriously underrated! Hopefully with unique outfits, but I dont expect to meddle with the sprite atlases for the in-game units anytime soon.

In the last XNT V5.2 the shields receive a good boost to improve UFO Breach.

You can make "units" folder for this weapons?

Very impressive work, how many time are you working on this?

About 8 hours total, That was mostly spent across the last two days, and most of that time was learning the files and what goes where and editing and cropping weapon sprite files (that are not presently in the mod as I am awaiting the reply from the original artist). Fixing the /unit/ data files took about an hour which was mostly again figuring out the XMLs and some creative copy/paste. ;)

Next set of weapons will go a lot faster and have fewer issues, if any. Heh.

About 8 hours total, That was mostly spent across the last two days, and most of that time was learning the files and what goes where and editing and cropping weapon sprite files (that are not presently in the mod as I am awaiting the reply from the original artist). Fixing the /unit/ data files took about an hour which was mostly again figuring out the XMLs and some creative copy/paste. ;)

Next set of weapons will go a lot faster and have fewer issues, if any. Heh.

Did you test the weapons? :)

now begin the real work this mods, something is not right at the code.

For how long are you playing XNT? Where did you find it? Any review about the mod?

v1.0.4 is up.

+ fixed bad code that was causing a crash with plasma weapons on geoscape equip screen

+ repaired /units/ data for all new weapons

+ cleaned up bad code in weapons_gc that was crashing combat

+ revised metalstorm weapons to spray more bullets, but with less damage

+ removed additional burst fire modes from all new guns, as code wasnt working, this fixed crashes.