[V1.09]Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000

Skitso

so can I make town where will be about 200-300 civilians and VERY big map ... or Unity have limit on this ?

I don't think I'd advocate doing that. A map with 200-300 civilians that had reapers would be almost impossible to win. Not to mention the fact that you could barely move or shoot without being blocked. And if you've played the large maps before- particularly big terror maps- they are already almost tedious to carefully sweep.

I really enjoyed this add on mod. It REALLY made the mid-game grind a lot more enjoyable.

thanks muchly!

FWIW, I liked all the trees. If they ever got in the way, they were easy enough to shoot down. I had no major access issues, no major pathfinding issues, no major cover issues. all went just fine. Only minor issue was in arctic maps, one of the pillar textures is kinda messed up, and it makes it hard to land on. looks like a 50% deal. half the pillar tops were fine, half had the fubar texture.

wasn't really much of an issue.

Regarding levels above ground: I've modded my enemy AI so that they take advantage of higher levels much more often and it really benefits the game. I suggest you to make similar changes in aiprops. I've put floorpreference value to -10 (negative values attract to upper floors) to all races and it seems to work great!

ouch, the XNT aiprops says

"FloorPreference: A positive value will attract to upper floors, a lower to the ground.

Tip: Set the higher level units to prefer upper floors and lower to low scores, then the AI will deal with who needs to be where"

now I wonder is it a typo or the AI was changed in XNT?

BTW is it possible to spawn a bigger UFO on a smaller map (dedicated for lets say ufo one level lower) to get more intense battles?

If not do you consider this idea as interesting? Making smaller map with bigger ufo spawns? Or rectangular maps for ufos - now its always a square (except for super large ufos).

BTW is it possible to spawn a bigger UFO on a smaller map

It's possible, yeah. Am I interested in doing such levels? No, not really as I've tried to maintain vanilla specs within this map pack. Nothing is preventing you from doing levels like that though. I'd gladly try those out.

Edited by Skitso

Hello All,

I just tried this mod and ran into a snag and am hoping that someone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it.

It seems that after installing, the game CTDs a few seconds after I start it from the launcher. The only other mods I am using are the community edition and armored assault, and the game has been running well with those for several weeks now. I don't think that these mods interact in a way that would cause this, nor do I see why adding maps would cause crashes (or if they did I would expect it to happen when they load not during startup).

Hopefully I will have time to try it with a fresh install later today, I would love to get this up and running. Any insights that can be provided will be much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

Updated to V1.5. This is supposed to be the final version and means there won't be any further content updates other than possible bug fixes. Changes and download link in OP.

Please download and test it out (especially all the new light scout maps I've added in this version) and tell me what you think. It would be great to have some more extensive testing on these before they are added in the game more "officially".

Edited by Skitso

Great work! These all look good in the level viewer at least, I'll give them a proper playthrough when I've got the time and let you know how I get on.

I did notice however that "middleeast_small_middleyard_skitso" and "middleeast_small_middleyard_skitso_lightscout" are basically the same map, just different sizes, which I know isn't what you want in the lightscout overhaul. I also can't find a certain small villa map, which is definately not like the "middleyard" maps... :P