[V1.09]Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000

Skitso

Okay, the map pack has been updated to a version 1.62. I've toned down the number and retought the placement of all the container stairs and overpasses but also made other additions, improvements and overall polish. Please try it out and give feedback. (especially containers and everything related to it)

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to include fixed desert maps in the archive. I'm at work atm, but I'll fix the file this evening or tomorrow morning.

Edited by Skitso

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just had to uninstall this fantastic map pack :( I started yet another map where the tanks were useless, this one literally couldn't get out of the ship because of a car parked right in front of the drop ship. Otherwise excellent work, these maps were really fun, but I love my tank too much.

So I just had to uninstall this fantastic map pack :( I started yet another map where the tanks were useless, this one literally couldn't get out of the ship because of a car parked right in front of the drop ship. Otherwise excellent work, these maps were really fun, but I love my tank too much.

destroy car?

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed Stinky maps with ease. They're .zip files. I can't seem to get this mods .rar to install. I'm on Windows 8.1. When I click on the downloaded .rar it unzips into the xenonauts directory, so now I see Skitsos Ultimate.... folder right in there with /assets and /extras and GCLevelEditor, etc. Now when I start the game, the 'load mod' pulldown still shows the Stinky map packs, but not Skitso's. If I click 'install new mod', I see the unzipped Skitso's folder, along with the zipped versions of Stinky Maps. If I click the unzipped Skitso folder I simply drill down into its component folders. No way to install it here. I even moved the downloaded .rar file into the Xenonauts directory, but again when I click 'install new mod' I don't see the .rar... I only see the unzipped version of it.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Runtheball
adding info

To install the mod plainly. Simply extract the maps and tiles folders directly from the rar into the assets folder and overwrite when asked.

Another way is to make a subfolder in the mods folder. Name it something like Skitso's mappack and dump the maps and tiles folders inside that and activate it via the mod launcher. To be honest I find the mod installer via the xenonauts launcher to be unreliable and kinda...crappy...

It's better and more reliable to install your mods manually by yourself.

No problem. That is very strange. This is a fully packed version. Fresh pack from download of skitso himself. I just built a modinfo for it so I don't know why the issue occurs. Perhaps someone else has some insight into that issue for you. Sadly I've no idea. Do you run more than one map pack?

-edit- reread your post. My bad. My question remains. Do you run more than one map pack or something? Otherwise all I could think of is that it didn't extract the entire contents or part of its contents are corrupt from download. Does ypur logfile output any errors at all during ground combat?

Edited by Ajaxial
additions and typo fixing - stupid phone keyboard and my fat fingers don't mix well

Love these new maps! But I wonder why I'm not seeing floors inside some buildings...just blackness.

These are probably Stinky's maps you said you installed as well. These were made a long time ago before some updates to the mapping files and so are now incompatible.

• 2 weeks later...
Kabill is probably right. My maps shouldn't have any black tiles.

I don't presume to understand how these mods work, but I used Stinky's maps for many missions and they had no black tiles, and they're not even loaded in this new game I've started. The only mod I have active is Skitso's. So do I need to actually delete Stinky's maps? Could they be conflicting even though they're not loaded in this game?

Also I've noted not only black tiles, but some obstacles that affect movement but do not appear visually. I assume its the same issue as the black tiles.

I don't presume to understand how these mods work, but I used Stinky's maps for many missions and they had no black tiles, and they're not even loaded in this new game I've started. The only mod I have active is Skitso's. So do I need to actually delete Stinky's maps? Could they be conflicting even though they're not loaded in this game?

Also I've noted not only black tiles, but some obstacles that affect movement but do not appear visually. I assume its the same issue as the black tiles.

A guess, but this seems like you have overwritten some of your vanilla game files with something from a mod which has affected mapping elements. If this is the case, you might need to delete your assets/tiles folder and reverify your game files (if you're a Steam user) or otherwise reinstall.

A guess, but this seems like you have overwritten some of your vanilla game files with something from a mod which has affected mapping elements.

I'm sure that's it! I recall now, that I had trouble installing Skitso's maps...didn't understand the instructions, and attempted to unzip it directly into the assets/tiles folders. That failed, and I ended up installing it (again) in its own sub-directory. So I'll try to do another install, then copy/replace the assets/tiles folders over to old install (don't want to lose my saved game).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...