[V1.09]Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000

Skitso

After installing this map pack I'm getting crashes when using the submap editor. Any idea why that might be the case? Specifically, I try to add spectres from a folder (Farm tiles) and it crashes.

edit: going to hazard a guess it's something to do with those atlas images.

Edited by Harmonica

Well it hadn't crashed for me at all in all the time I've been using it so far. Not sure what else would be the cause. If I attempt to add any Spectres by dir it crashes after that.

edit: couldn't get it to work by deleting or moving bits and pieces of the set. Deleted those atlas .pngs in the Farm tiles folder and did a Steam verify scan and after it had replaced the files, the editor is now working again. (of course now I have to work out how to repatch your mod in)

So... I don't know what the cause is, anyone else have this issue?

Later today I will backup the vanilla files and go through re-adding Skitso's files folder by folder and see it it starts crashing again.

Edited by Harmonica

Terve Teppo taas!

I was playing a terror mission a while ago and encountered a few problems.

The highlighted wall was entirely see-through:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9eof1ma7bred990/terror1.jpg

In this picture there are two things. The highlighted soldier downstairs was stuck and couldn't move away from that spot. I tried to save and reload the game but that didn't do it. I don't know if it has anything to do with the map. The other thing is that I could not move soldiers upstairs in the highlighted spot. And the upper floor was still intact when I tried to do it...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc0dh2xu8dmy1d3/terror2.jpg

uh.. terve taas? Should I know you? :confused:

Anyways, my map pack doesn't include any terror site maps, so any possible issues with them are caused by something else. (probably vanilla game issues)

Edited by Skitso

So this is a new one. After downloading the Map pack and starting up a new game anytime I clicked on the "Other" tab under equipment I got a reproduce able CTD. Did I install it wrong or something? or have other people had this problem?

Have you (un)installed any mods? Sounds like a mod issue as opposed to a map issue to me.

Edited by kabill

Did you manually delete the Xenonauts folder or did you just use the uninstall option in Steam? If you used any mods previously, there might be traces of them unless you manually deleted the folder.

Thats a good point, I'll check.

EDIT: Wow looks like I still have V.18 in here somewhere. That might be causing problems. No idea why this wasn't happening before installing the map pack though.

Edited by Irishguy117

Had a night mission with landed Corvette. Good map.

I also had a map on highway. Aren't there props for cars and buses for both directions? It looked odd that those 4 lanes divided by concrete walls were facing the same direction. But the map was brilliant.

Yeah, we just had 2 weeks of chilling wind from siberia and arctic sea here in Finland. Really atypical weather for this time of year, but now its really hot, 30 degrees celsius and clear skies. So for now, it's three B's. Barbeque, beach and booze. :D

Edited by Skitso

So for now, it's three B's. Barbeque, beach and booze. :D

Where I come from, those three Bs are never alone without a fourth: Babes.

Just dropping in to say that I've been using your map pack for two in-game months and love the variety. I really like the new forest maps, just did one mission in a forest divided by a road and it made for a great fire fight across the no-man's-land that was the road. I also did a desert village one with some nice high vantage points. My soldier Pretty_Good_Accuracy_3 sends his thanks.