[V1.09]Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000

Skitso

I use this map since quite some time and its GREEEEEEAT.

But i have a question. Is is possible that the map pool for Arctis has not (yet?) been expanded ?

Because going by head, i have seen the same Arctic Map 3 or 4 times (the one with the lake right next to the Chopper), but i cant remember any other tile sets that appeared "common".

Hey! Excellent map pack and it has greatly improved map variety!

However I noticed in some urban maps that there will be patches of black impassable terrain which I assume were buildings. I dont think this was intentional.

Here is what I'm talking about:

2014-06-29_00001.jpg

2014-06-29_00002.jpg

Any idea whats happening or any chance for a fix?

2014-06-29_00001.jpg

2014-06-29_00002.jpg

2014-06-29_00001.thumb.jpg.904ee95422b40

2014-06-29_00002.thumb.jpg.b93a4453433df

Hi,

I have modded all the maps (and yours too, who don't want to use them :) ) so there are more civilians and local forces on them. Do you mind if I propose a zip of that, acknowledging fully they are your?

Actually, I do kinda mind. I want to take care of my maps and handle their distribution solely through this thread, thank you.

I hope you understand. I just don't want to have dozen different versions of my maps floating around the net. :)

Edited by Skitso

Hmm, strange. Have you had similar issues with other maps too or was it just that particular map and building? I'll check the map, but I'm pretty sure you have messed something with the installation maybe...?

I have noticed it twice, both times they were in city maps similar to the one I took a screen shot of.

I'm going to try reinstalling the mod and Xenonauts to see if that helps.

Actually, I do kinda mind. I want to take care of my maps and handle their distribution solely through this thread, thank you.

I hope you understand. I just don't want to have dozen different versions of my maps floating around the net. :)

Maps with extra civilians and forces do sound interesting though, can these values be tweaked through a simple edit of a file? Then maybe a compromise would be possible where Nibelung44 can make a script that only works in combination with your original work.

I have noticed it twice, both times they were in city maps similar to the one I took a screen shot of.

I'm going to try reinstalling the mod and Xenonauts to see if that helps.

I checked the map and that particular building and they both seem to be fine. The building you are missing is /assets/maps/industrial/buildings/parkinhall_skitso/Parkinghall.xml

Reinstall the pack and make sure all the sub folders go in to right places.

Im having an issue and i dont know if it Comes from your maps.

Basicly i have the Problem that the same type of building does ignore the "layer" button. What that means in that, regardless of layer Setting (0/1/2), the building is always shown at the highest Level and with the Roof closed.

The only way to "fix" it is by getting into the building, or by going "below" the outlapping parts of the Roof.

I dont know if it's stock behavior, but i dont think it is, is it ?

It was probably mentioned somewhere but what do you think about making one variation of any map. Changes doesn't necessary has to be big just swap some things, move them around.

What do you think is that easy for you (or difficult/boring/pointless)? Cause at least theoretically it would give us twice as much maps and im really wondering about that.

One little question: why u no make maps any more? :) Looking forward to Map Pack 5000 :)

Because it takes a hell of a lot of time (10h per map easily) and I also have a job and wife? :) And having a little break does good after months of every day mapping too.

Edited by Skitso

It was probably mentioned somewhere but what do you think about making one variation of any map. Changes doesn't necessary has to be big just swap some things, move them around.

What do you think is that easy for you (or difficult/boring/pointless)? Cause at least theoretically it would give us twice as much maps and im really wondering about that.

Nah, it's lots of work anyway and if I have the time, I'd prefer spending it making unique, thought out, new maps rather than a cheap knock off of another one. All my maps have unique custom assets, which I think is why people think so highly of the pack. There's no filler and all maps are made from scratch.

But all the assets are there, I've already done the hard part. Why won't you make the revisions of my maps. I'm sure community would appreciate them.

Edited by Skitso

I have to say that this map pack is absolutely amazing, this is exactly what this game needed and your maps are nicely crafted and feel very natural. There is a great deal of detail and design behind them.

This should be added in the Xenonauts launcher as an optional download.