[V1.07] Skitso's Femonauts

Skitso

There is nothing creepy about making the females look less like men because of the silly, almost flat chest uniform they are wearing..

...*face palm* This is so wrong on so many levels

This mod is shameless :P I guess I've seen more offensive crap though, this is least offensive of all this type of mods I've seen... Dragon Age mods for example...*shudder* Those aren't just sexist, they tend to be rather racist as well <_<

Edited by XenoMask

I'm very sorry but I had to register just to post this here

Maybe this can be a learning experience for some of us.

P.S. I'm enjoying some of your other mods

Aye, more people should see that video before making asshole-ish comments like Dizzle did just now :P

I don't see anything wrong in trying to make a better version of the female characters and to call this mod creepy and offensive is insulting to the modder.

It isn't showing any skin, it's just showing female forms under the standard uniform, should we all pretend that women and men all are exactly alike in all aspects? to me that is true ignorance

Unnecessary and p. creepy.
...*face palm* This is so wrong on so many levels

This mod is shameless

Uh what's wrong with you guys?! This MOD is as creepy, wrong and shameless as you are hypocritical. :/

and to call this mod creepy and offensive is insulting to the modder.

...and I am actually kinda offended about XenoMasks and Pimpollo's comments.

Edited by Skitso

And...?

In a game with ufos, aliens and plasma weapons it's hardly a thing whether a female units and their uniforms are realistic or not. Really, if it these kind of things make you feel unease, feel free to not download it or visit this thread. It's that easy.

Edited by Skitso

You can't honestly be mad at Skitso? He provided people with an option and an alternative to the current content. Offended? Don't download it.

All he did was make an alternate that he possibly (or possibly not) preferred to the current one, now it's up to you guys to make more variants that you find more realistic....Now i'm off to make xenonauts with giant wangs.

OMG THE FEMALES NOW HAVE BOOBS? THIS CANNOT BE!!!!!!!!!

Seriously... People these days are getting offended over nothing.

Calling a mod shameless when they're the ones clicking the link to come in.

Edited by kyosuke

Skitso I have a tiny request for this mod ( just recently got the game and pretty much instantly downloaded all your mods for this). Is it possible to have it where female soldiers in armour retain their rounded shoulders rather than default back to the male squared type? Or is that alot more work than necessary for the mod. BTW love all the work on your mods so far been very impresssed with them.

@everyone, thanks for support. :)

Skitso I have a tiny request for this mod ( just recently got the game and pretty much instantly downloaded all your mods for this). Is it possible to have it where female soldiers in armour retain their rounded shoulders rather than default back to the male squared type? Or is that alot more work than necessary for the mod. BTW love all the work on your mods so far been very impresssed with them.

Yeah, it's a LOT of work. Sorry, I'm not going to bother with it. You can always imagine that the guys at the workshop can't be bothered with gender spesific armour and just make them "one size fits all". :)

Pretty sure half the guys freaking out on this thread aren't even genuine. On another note, the internet is practically 90% boobs. What are you guys even doing on the internet if THIS offends you? It only bothers me because I feel like a lot of people are eager to jump on the "gaming industry is sexist" bandwagon.

Sure, in many ways it is (The industry, not this mod), but if you really have such strong feelings about the subject, I would hope that you'd at least take the time to come up with a way to present your point without being offensive yourself. I mean there is a massive leap between what Skitso did here and, say, Dead or Alive (all of them). I mean if Skitso wanted to sexualize the female image (which is the entire basis of aforementioned bandwagon) he could have easily assaulted your faces with tons of cleavage and whatnot. Oh he didn't? Well now.

I think Skitso just wanted to make a more pronounced visual difference between men and women. He wasn't trying to make some kind of sexist statement. Maybe it's unrealistic, but I think he pulled it off in a way that doesn't belittle or objectify women.

In a way, you guys are implying that this mod is offensive because the female soldiers look more distinctly feminine. Nobody said they HAVE to look that way, Skitso just added the option. Nobody said there's anything wrong with looking less feminine in uniform, but to be offended by the opposite? That means you are implying that it's offensive when you don't have a more manly profile in uniform. Which also happens to come across as kind of sexist. I'd understand if Skitso took the Japanese gaming approach, but he didn't (To be fair, nothing in Xenonauts has tentacles). So either some people need to go look up what sexism actually is, or you need to stop looking for it where there is none.

Anyway back to the topic, I think you did a good job, Skitso.