[V1.07] Skitso's Oppressive UI Mod

Skitso

I encountered a minor bug that sometimes interceptors and dropships are also transparent in the "Aircraft Equipment" menu. It appears totally random. Sometimes my condors are for example transparent while the foxtrott works perfectly and when I switch to the next base it's exactly vice versa.

Personally I like the mod so far but while the geoscape is incredibly stylish, it's even for me too dark and depressing. Am I correct that I only have to get the old earth folder back and replace it in the assets to get geoscape back to normal but keep the rest of the mod features?

The interceptor bug sounds odd, I'm pretty sure this mod can't be the cause though. About reverting to vanilla geoscape: You are correct, you can just copy the earth folder and replace everything to get it back to original look.

Thanks for the quick reply. I also use the enhanced crash sites mod & the soviet weapons mod yet I didn't had it before I installed the UI mod. In any case it's only a minor bug but I felt like reporting it.

Hey Skitso the mod is an absolute beauty! Quick questions for you or anyone else who may know: (posted pics since I didnt really know how to ask)

What files do I need to modify to change the color of these bars, and the bar backgrounds? I'd like to change the soldier stat bar to resemble the base management progress bar for consistency.

Base.jpg

Equip.jpg

Is this just a personal bug, or is this something I can remedy? The "Total Sales" is overlapping with the value.

Sales.jpg

Thank you again!

Base.jpg

Equip.jpg

Sales.jpg

Base.thumb.jpg.272d8e66c713bdd4d69ece43e

Equip.thumb.jpg.3380087498fcf980a40840c7

Sales.thumb.jpg.ff85b9706edc1c07d637acbc

Hi, you need to check the color values from baseview.lua and change them into sequipview.lua (both are in /assets/scripts/). It's something I might fix in the mod too... The total sales stuff is a known bug in this mod. I haven't given it a lot of thought as I've been quite busy lately and the issue is super minor as it's only happening when theres nothing to see. If you (or someone else) get to fix it, please send the file to me and I'll attach it to the mod. Thanks.

Edited by Skitso

Thanks so much! Also forgot to ask about these >.< Sorry for being such a bother man!

Not sure yet, but If I decide to, how would I remove the black frame behind the "Alien Turn" words and Icon?

AlienTurn.jpg

And which file to change the "Objective" at the bottom of the screen, to match the other white geoscape text?

Objective.jpg

Last things I promise! How would I go about darkening the unactive text in the research and workshop tabs to see these a little better? (not that it matters much but I'd like to learn)

Darken.jpg

For highlighted personnel, how would I go about changing the "highlight" itself to better see what my cursor is on? I'd like to change it to the black frame with white text when highlighted ala chosen research projects, and keep the current look when not highlighted. (see attachment for pic)

Again, sorry to be a nuisance, I know you're trying to enjoy your summer!

Highlight.jpg

AlienTurn.jpg

Objective.jpg

Highlight.jpg

Darken.jpg

AlienTurn.thumb.jpg.5918e6a0747ae98ef4a9

Objective.thumb.jpg.cde955a209ddb1b5d21d

Highlight.thumb.jpg.c39a00be66524f8c9230

Darken.thumb.jpg.07da7bc82fff9dd29b2e9fd

Edited by Zealin

Sorry I bothered you >.< I was able to figure some of these out with a few hours of getting familiar with the luas. Only two I cant figure out are - how to change the objective text color, and how to change the "grid effect" overlay on the geoscape. So that should reduce the annoyance of my questions with all those pics, sorry again =/ I suffer from severe OCD so I apologize If I was being difficult. My brain just refuses to allow me to enjoy something until everything is in perfect order - its a nightmare, but I cant change the way things are, so I just try to deal.

Edit - The last thing I wanna be is just another ball busting guy on the forums, hopefully If I can manage to finish my crash site mod, I'll be seen as a contributor like you guys =)

Edited by Zealin

No bother. It's good that you found your way around the luas yourself. That's how you learn. :)

The objectives text is a bit more complex stuff as I needed to do quite a bit of tricks to make it work where it is. The frame the objective text is placed in is actually a part of the lower screen gui and that layer is hard coded to be on top of the objective text.

To make it work with transparent looking background, I actually needed to make the objective text bright white for it to see through partially alpha transparent gray panel that is on top of it, but looks to be underneath the text. So to overcome the hard coded draw order, I kinda did a visual trick there, i.e. you can't have the text white unless you remove the darker "background" from top of the text.

The grid is also hard coded and you can only change it's alpha value. (gameconfig.xml)

Edited by Skitso

I'd like to see the edge of vision tapered off much more gradually so that Aliens at the edge of your sight are only just noticeable. Like in the original Xcom sometimes you could only really make out a shape or shadow and you would be straining to work out if it was a Sectoid or Chrysalid.

Would it be possible to play around with a filter and make the battlescapes appear overcast (instead of sunny like present)?

Unfortunally i have one MAJOR problem with this mod.

Its very, very hard to see night/day overlay on geoscape. I dont want to run into night missions and this makes it tough to avoid that.

Im baffled that noone else has that problem.

Did you copy over gameconfig.xml? I had the same problem too until I did that, and the difference is astounding. Much easier to see day vs night.

Unfortunally i have one MAJOR problem with this mod.

Its very, very hard to see night/day overlay on geoscape. I dont want to run into night missions and this makes it tough to avoid that.

Im baffled that noone else has that problem.

Day and night difference should be clearly visible. Either your monitor settings are bad or, as skaianDestiny said above, if you have installed other mods that alter gameconfig.xml, it could break the effect.

Edited by Skitso

I'd like to see the edge of vision tapered off much more gradually so that Aliens at the edge of your sight are only just noticeable. Like in the original Xcom sometimes you could only really make out a shape or shadow and you would be straining to work out if it was a Sectoid or Chrysalid.

Would it be possible to play around with a filter and make the battlescapes appear overcast (instead of sunny like present)?

You can try to mess around with values in /assets/tilerenderer