FemaleSoldierChance

Hi,

Given the fact that this game is set in the late 70's, to increase my immersion, I have found a way of reducing the proportion of female soldiers that are generated in the game. BTW not sexist, just trying to recreate the conditions of that period, I have no issues with females in the modern military.

Open up the gameconfig.xml file and find the soldier generation variables section. In there you will find this:

<femaleSoldierChance value="35" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

You can change the value to whatever you want. I have currently reduced this to 5 and it works pretty well.

Cheers.

so, this is a bit of a toss away open question slightly related, any one know what happens when you crank that to 100 or zero even? would it only effect "new" recruits, or would that play a role in generating my starting squad, or just bug the game.

so, this is a bit of a toss away open question slightly related, any one know what happens when you crank that to 100 or zero even? would it only effect "new" recruits, or would that play a role in generating my starting squad, or just bug the game.

Simple way to test it... change the % to 0 or 100 , start a new game, see what happens. If it crashes, change it back to what you had it at before.

I had the same Idea, but was hoping someone will do it and post the results. /falls back asleep

i was in fact hoping some one had already tested, anyways setting it 100 gives both your starting squad and all your recruits a total lack of y chromosome with no ill effects best i can tell, so one would hope that setting it to 0 would have effectively equal results.