Is the AI cheating?

The AI can make very detailed guesses about where your xenonauts are at any given time based on the information it has. I actually get the feeling that it can tell how many TUs each of your soldier has sometimes, but its either getting squadsight from one of its soldiers, or is guessing fairly accurately at where you are.

Then kudos and that extra cookie to you Gijs-Jan! To develop a bit on my example, I had a single guy watching over the entrance of the UFO for 8 turns, while the rest swiped the map. Nobody ever went out of it, except on the ninth turn, the turn where I approached carelessly (no cover, no end turn crouching) with my 2 wounded lieutenants. Guess what, the next alien turn saw an Andron pop out and launch a burst killing both lieutenant.

I'm 100% sure there was no alien spotter left alive on the map. So this can only be nice luck from AI (coming out this turn from the UFO) or ... cheating. But I trust your word.

Then kudos and that extra cookie to you Gijs-Jan! To develop a bit on my example, I had a single guy watching over the entrance of the UFO for 8 turns, while the rest swiped the map. Nobody ever went out of it, except on the ninth turn, the turn where I approached carelessly (no cover, no end turn crouching) with my 2 wounded lieutenants. Guess what, the next alien turn saw an Andron pop out and launch a burst killing both lieutenant.

I'm 100% sure there was no alien spotter left alive on the map. So this can only be nice luck from AI (coming out this turn from the UFO) or ... cheating. But I trust your word.

That's probably the aggressiveness triggering. If you would have debug view on the UFO; you would see the AI moving around a lot inside as well. The AI has no knowledge on where your troops are located outside (or it might through a glitch in LOS with the UFO?); so it won't know what to expect in terms of opposition, or how to position itself perfectly. However, due to the nearness it will try to explore around itself in an effort to find someone.

I hated aliens being able to use psionics without anyone seeing you in original xcom and I dislike it here too xP Cause its annoying to hear the psionic sound effect every turn or two plus its annoying when you have only one soldiers left who is trying to run to the transport

It might not be cheating, but it certainly isnt fair. T_T
I wouldn't really say that. Does anyone really think the aliens would be completely unaware that someone was approaching their ship? Hello, TV? You know that early 20th century invention? Gijs-Jan would have been perfectly within his rights to give the aliens complete knowledge of your positioning with a certain radius of the UFO and anywhere in one of their bases or ships. If anything the AI knows too little!

Just had a 'feels like cheating' situation. I put 2 guys behind cover watching over the UFO. The rest of the team cleared the map. After clearing the map, I gathered my team around the UFO and prepared for breach. I moved my breaching team near the door but this time I only left 1 guy with enough TU for reaction fire as I thought he had a shotgun and that would be enough if an alien pops out. Turns out I was wrong and ofcourse an alien popped out and killed one of my best soldiers. They really do pick their moments when I'm out of TUs... but when 2 guys with full TU wait for reaction then no alien comes out. :(

Oh they did react, but the alien survived a point blank shotgun shot. It's just that I left only 1 with enough TU for reaction shot... and the aliens "somehow knew that" because they didn't leave the UFO when I had 2+ ready for reaction shooting.

Oh they did react, but the alien survived a point blank shotgun shot. It's just that I left only 1 with enough TU for reaction shot... and the aliens "somehow knew that" because they didn't leave the UFO when I had 2+ ready for reaction shooting.

The AI really has no knowledge on your TU; it's pure random chance that the aggressiveness is triggered.

However; you'll probably only remember the time when they blasted your most precious soldiers to bits :)