Aren't rockets heavy?

More specifically: Why can't predator armors use rocket launchers?

The xenopedia states the armor can only use heavy weapons but the tool-tip of the rocket launcher tells the player it is also a heavy weapon (would be strange if it wasn't). So why can't an armor limited to using heavy weapons use this specific heavy weapon?

Is this a bug? Since weapons have the Heavy attribute (or not) I would think it is not hard-coded but calculated if a soldier can use the weapon but if so then this is a bug

Is this an intended change conducted in later changes for balance sake? It seems more logical to have 2 weapons available for the armor (not counting the end-game weapon which probably won't get built anyway :)) since every other soldier is pretty much multifunctional with grenades, medikits, primary and secondary weapons. I was also thinking that the armor looks pretty stupid carrying 25 or 26 plasma clips (since most of these will never be used but not utilizing the capacity without back-draws would be foolish) but if it could carry both weapons, the place at last would be a limiting factor instead of strength and the player could customize these soldiers in how much ammo for each weapon is carried on the cost of the other.

I really hope this is a bug, but fear it might be a balance consideration in which case the tooltip would need to be corrected

Edit: I just had a blink in the unit sprites and fear this might be the later :(

Edited by zolobolo

The answer is probably going to be that rocket wielding power armor is kind of a game breaker. I believe it was one of the things that irritated Chris about the original X-com: blaster bombs, blaster bombs everywhere.

I had the same thought though, it would make logical sense if predators could do it. Heavy Weapons platform and walking resupply station are about all predators can really do. They're the ultimate support role, fire support, ammo support, you name it.

I've never managed to build one yet, what does it do?

Boom. It does boom.

It's similar to the heavy weapons mounted on the tanks, except the area of effect is a little larger and the damage is... excessive. I've seen the initial target of the hit take 600+ damage, with other aliens in the effect taking 500+.

I just spent a few minutes on Operation Endgame slaughtering Reapers with it. Bagged 50-60 before I realised that I have a job and so should probably sleep tonight.