(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

I will say (again) that this mod is awesome. It seems like the pace has slowed from the previous version, which I applaud. There were simply one too many missions where my soldiers were under-armed or under-armored, leading to disasterous consequences (8 KIA Xenonauts). The AI also seems smarter with the use of smoke and tactical withdrawals. I will attest to the new found dangers in breaching UFOs... One question. How do I dissemble UFOs? I have an extra hanger...

Congrats to the team on a job well done.

I will say (again) that this mod is awesome. It seems like the pace has slowed from the previous version, which I applaud. There were simply one too many missions where my soldiers were under-armed or under-armored, leading to disasterous consequences (8 KIA Xenonauts). The AI also seems smarter with the use of smoke and tactical withdrawals. I will attest to the new found dangers in breaching UFOs... One question. How do I dissemble UFOs? I have an extra hanger...

Congrats to the team on a job well done.

Thank You, I'm glad you notice the changes!

We set the alien invasion and research system to be longer at some point and each unlocked research gives time to the player to implement it in GC or AirCombat.

The UFO Dissembling system is for Capital Ships. When you found the first Corvette (A breaking point of the game, because the great challenge that could generate the Corvette GC) you will notices how to Dissembling UFOs

Small Tip

Prepare a hangar and workshops for dissembling, you will need it and you will be pleassed with the reward of Dissembling

:cool:!

I'm primarily interested in the portraits and uniforms

Yep, you can exchange portaits and uniforms. As long as you don't include any xml. files.

Just open xenonauts/assets/soldierimages and overwrite the armours (and faces) you want.

Remember that there is an extra armour in XNT - coyote. You should insert the faces (from any other Marines armour folder) there as well. Otherwise your soldier will change his face when he equips a coyote :]

* Side note: You will get Russians dressed as US Marines...awkwaaaaaard.

Yep, you can exchange portaits and uniforms. As long as you don't include any xml. files.

Just open xenonauts/assets/soldierimages and overwrite the armours (and faces) you want.

Remember that there is an extra armour in XNT - coyote. You should insert the faces (from any other Marines armour folder) there as well. Otherwise your soldier will change his face when he equips a coyote :]

Thanks for the assistance. I'm pretty sure the Marines would NOT be happy with Ruskies in MARPAT...

what is this coyote armor you guys keep talking about I've looked through my soldierimages folders and don't see any titled coyote

BUG: After xenonaut is unconscious and recover from that all his gear stays on the ground but he apears with gun in hand, when u reload game or go into inventory it comes back to normal with no gun in hand

Did you even played vanilla ?This is vanilla bug.

Edited by Sentelin

I played vanila for 2 months-in game one-:) but never had guy unconscious.

Not sure is it vanila or mod Bug but

When u reaserch Hunter Armored Car in xenopedia it says purchase Cost 30k, when you wana produce vehicle in workshop it says 66k.

Edited by Alewalek

Also - one small comment - I really like the change made to the LMG. It makes the weapon system more practical and easier to employ. Now it actually feels like a squad LMG that can maneuver on the battlefield. It also seems like the blast radius of the C4 has increased. I'd have to check, but it also seemed like the TU cost for rifle burst fire was reduced. Anyway, all of these tweaks are excellent choices and make the tactical combat seem more realistic.

When a flying purple alien flies center over my hunter tank, the game becomes stuck so I have to alt + f4 out.

This is a recurring bug. When I try to take a screenshot it only screens my desktop background so I can't provide any pics.

Also - one small comment - I really like the change made to the LMG. It makes the weapon system more practical and easier to employ. Now it actually feels like a squad LMG that can maneuver on the battlefield. It also seems like the blast radius of the C4 has increased. I'd have to check, but it also seemed like the TU cost for rifle burst fire was reduced. Anyway, all of these tweaks are excellent choices and make the tactical combat seem more realistic.

:)

Bingo! I made lot of moddifications wo the weapon system, I hope you like it, I can wait to see when you unlock Advanced Ballistics or Lasers. :D

Full LMG squad has lot of handicaps in GC, not all soldiers have enough streght to deal with that weight and "guerrilla" like attacks are quiet.... bad an inaccurate.

There are not only Tweaks, there are SECRETS too xD!

When a flying purple alien flies center over my hunter tank, the game becomes stuck so I have to alt + f4 out.

This is a recurring bug. When I try to take a screenshot it only screens my desktop background so I can't provide any pics.

Thank you soo much for reporting!

This build has implemented a "feature" for some Vipers, they can climb and jump.

Can you send me the saved game for this one?

Edit: Did you replace the .exe file? Which version of Xenonauts are you using? can you check if you apply the XNT well?

Edited by TacticalDragon

First of my taughts after few ground missions. It may change later casue its just few missions, but I think if aliens use stun gun(didnt check name -something shooting stun grenades anyway) from the begining it makes GC actualy easier in vanila i usualy had 1 casaulity per battle here after 4-5 missions 0 and i am sure i would have 2 per battle if aliens try to kill me not stun. This may change later on but its just first look.

About combat beeing morre realistic I like it but not sure why I cant make aimed shot is it not realistic for solder to take time and aim? Just asking.

You didn't encounter nothing serious yet ... wait until those "stun guns" start killing your soldiers (their main purpose is to stun soldier but improved versions can kill).On what difficulty do you play ?

Edited by Sentelin